Keyless entry

ph1386

Hello. I have an 04 executive with the essex 1701 keypad. The coach did not come with the key fobs to lock and unlock door. I want to add an avital 2101 keyless system which i was told is compatible with the 1701. Has any added a keyless system to their keypad and if so can you please provide the details on how to wire it into my keypad? Thank you I appreciate any help with this. 

IMG_7205.jpeg

I’d be real surprised if the executive didn’t come with a wireless module. Do you have a build sheet?  

I would bet money that you already have a wireless module or viper alarm inside the dash. And then it’s just a matter of replacing the module with a new wireless module.
There’s nothing particularly special about the Avital wireless. It seems to be of descent quality but it’s a 3rd party generic wireless entry system that just happens sold along with the Essex keypad. 
If you really want to wire it into the keypad, the Essex diagram shows how to connect for locking and unlocking of the entry door. That’s not how Monaco did it though. 
You’ll need a wiring diagram if you want to connect it like Monaco did. There should be a pigtail in the dash where the wireless module or viper alarm would plug in. 
I did a detailed write up on irv2 showing exactly how to wire the new module. 
But first you need to find the old one…

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/essex-1603-keypad-and-wireless-replacement-330319.html

Edited by wamcneil