Home Theater System Recommendations

FLynes

I was planning to install a 2 din radio but found I did not have room to spare for the additional size. So I will have to settle for a 1 din and there are many options available. 
I guess I will have to again make up a list of requirements and then start shopping. 

I took my Knight to an Auto Radio shop and they installed a new radio, 2 DIN, and made an appropriate opening in the plastic dash panel and made a beautiful black bezel to surround the new radio.

I just drove up and walked in.  Had a new radio in about an hour.

Those shops are all over the place, I just saw one as I was driving by in the motorhome and since it's parking lot was big enough, I drove in and parked.  Left an hour later with a bluetooth and sirius radio.

The labor charge was minor.  It was a long time ago now so I don't recall the exact charge, but I recall I was pleased with the total price.  

I do a LOT of upgrades on our Knight myself.  For this one, it was simple and easy to get it done by the shop.

Dwight 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, FLynes said:

Mike, is your dash radio 1.5din?

No, it’s double din. I bought a unit from Amazon called Atoto. It’s load with features like car play, dash cam and a ton of other stuff. It’s from China but it’s got great reviews. I installed it at the beginning of the year and it has worked without any issues. It was under $300. I didn’t want to spend $1000 on one so I figured I would give this a try. I think they have 1.5 din units as well. 

• Like 1

I got the same ATOTO unit. Works well. Original unit was 1.5 DIN and had to open up the hole but there was plenty of room for it. The unit has a few cost cutting elements to it but works well and you can't really beat the price. I'm going to take a bit more time soon with the connections as there are multiple connections that can be used that I don't currently have hooked up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nvrtoofast said:

I got the same ATOTO unit. Works well. Original unit was 1.5 DIN and had to open up the hole but there was plenty of room for it. The unit has a few cost cutting elements to it but works well and you can't really beat the price. I'm going to take a bit more time soon with the connections as there are multiple connections that can be used that I don't currently have hooked up.

Unfortunately, ours has no room to open up the hole.

RenderedImage.jpeg

I found a rare Pioneer AV receiver Model VSX-S520.  The “S” is for slim (wide, but not tall).  Although physical media is old school, I paired it with a slim, wide Samsung 4K BluRay player that we haven’t used in years. Model # not shown; again that’s an option, not required.  Note I widened the cabinet opening.

image.jpg

• Like 1