Leveling 09 knight

question on leveling a 2009 knight Roadmaster chassis with the LCI system I have been told so many way here is what I do I drop the air pressure to below 60 and auto level where the question comes up do you bring air pressure back to 120 or leave at 60 or below some say bring it up some say leave it what’s the consensus 

thanks 

I just downloaded and reviewed your manual.  You don't specifically ask, but you MUST extend/retract the slide-out room(s) (slides) with the jacks retracted and the motorhome supported by the air suspension (air bags).  Do not operate with the air bags deflated.  

So, the first step would be to find a level spot to park, engage the parking brake, do a walk-around to make sure that the slides will not hit anything and that the utilities are okay.  Some people hook up their utilities next, but that can be done at any time - the order of connecting utilities is not an issue.  After the walk-around, make sure the engine is off, parking brake engaged, maybe open a window so extending the slides does not create a vacuum, remove any slide locks, and then extend the slides (taken from page 104 of the 2009 Knight Owners Manual).

The leveling procedure is different from other Monaco's.  It requires the Ignition switch ON and the engine running, transmission in Neutral, and Park brake applied.  Lower the air suspension by stepping on the brake several times to get the air pressure below 60 PSI.  With the ignition on, push and hold the AIr Dump switch to lower the Air Suspension.  Then follow the procedure begining on page 219 of the Owners Manual to either Automatically Level or Manual Level the coach.  

To retract, Park Brake ON, Trans in Neutral, Engine Running, turn on Control Pad, Push RETRACT ALL JACKS button, allow all jacks to return to full retract, purs the ON/OFF button on the control pad to turn the leveling system Off.  Then allow the coach to build up air pressure, to full ride height (allow to build to 120 PSI to ensure suspension if at ride height).  Then make sure the ignition is OFF, Park Brake still set, Jacks fully retracted, and coach full supported by air suspension (air bags).  Then retract the slides and install Slide Locks, if applicable.

You will not bring the air pressure back up to 120 PSI until you have retracted the jacks.  

Hope this answers your question.

-Rick N.

Waterskier that’s exactly how I do it but we were at a campground and 2 people questioned me on why I don’t bring the bags back up and I said I follow the manual and it doesn’t say to do it and I was told the manual must be wrong and I laughed and said every coach must be different 

39 minutes ago, Rowdyrick said:

Waterskier that’s exactly how I do it but we were at a campground and 2 people questioned me on why I don’t bring the bags back up and I said I follow the manual and it doesn’t say to do it and I was told the manual must be wrong and I laughed and said every coach must be different 

Seems like that is a silly response from them.  If you brought the air bags back up, you would likely no longer be supported by the jacks.  It would totally defeat the purpose of leveling.

-Rick