Anyone installed a Skylight in the front of the RV?

So, I removed the old crank-up TV antenna from the roof.  It left two holes approximately 3" and 1 1/2" holes in the roof.   To cover the holes, I used Dicor to seal a cutting board (HDPE) that I got at the Dollar Store over the two holes.  Next, I plan to put Eternabond around the edges of the cutting board.  I figure this will last for a good while.

From there... it would be pretty easy to install a skylight to the top of the HDPE.  The skylight I found on Amazon looks like pretty good quality.  Has anyone tried something like this?  I think it would be really nice, in the mornings while the blinds are still closed, to have natural daylight wake up the room.  Here's a link to the one I have found:

https://www.amazon.com/Solar-LIGHTblaster-Shingled-Skylight-Applications/dp/B079819SKD/ref=sr_1_2?crid=2Q9BT5VDT5UPA&keywords=lightblaster+skylight&qid=1698609497&sprefix=lightblaster+skylig%2Caps%2C411&sr=8-2

image.jpeg.611808cc77d9f4bedf674ca2484b44c1.jpeg

• Like 2

I came her to give my opinion on skylights and sunroofs, that in general they are a leak several years delayed. 🤣

However, since you already have a penetration that needs addressing, this does look like something that could be feasible.
It looks considerably smaller than I was thinking, and pretty easy to seal properly.

• Like 1