2009 Dynasty Dash Blower Motor Replacement

goodtimz

Hello, everyone.  I had the coach out last weekend and heard a loud bang.  I thought I had a blowout on the front right tire.  I quickly notice my tire monitors looked fine and I wasn't being pulled over to the ditch.  I finally determined it was the blower motor.  The motor is rattling very loud, getting louder as I turned up the blower speed.  And there is no air coming through the vents at any speed.  From what I can tell, the only way to get to the motor is somehow through the dash.  I thought I would ask the experts if my logic is correct.  If not, please let me know if there is an easier way to change out the motor.  If I need to open up the dash, what is the process to get to the motor in a 2009 Dynasty.

Thank you for any advice to make the project easier than tackling it blind.

Trae Jones

I’m sorry to say there is no easier way than taking the dash apart. I did a post a couple years ago on IRV2 forum, showing how mine came apart. But as everyone says these things are snowflakes as none of the two are the same and my unit was built in January 2000. Just do a search on that form under Timaz posts. Unless they change things, the blower motor should come from a late 70s to early 80s Chevy pick up or van. They are easy to find out almost any chain auto parts store.

Thank you, Tim.  What a project you tackled.  I will see how mine goes.  Starting in about 15 minutes.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

I agree.  Something happened where there is no air coming through the vents either.  It seems like something fell because it was a very loud bang when it happened.  It is a project I will need to plan for after looking at everything.  I need to use the coach this next weekend and don't have enough time to fix it this week.  Thanks again.