the magnet and the retractable stair

I have a 2001 Monoco Exec, i have been told that a magnet may be needed to reset it. How is that done, is there a tread for that, is there a movie on how to use the magnet? And thank you all for your help. I hate being new.

I'm not sure about resetting with a magnetic, but my stairs have been acting up lately.  My issues may be alignment with the magnetic in door frame.  Mine works more reliable if I close the door with a little force, but short of slamming the door.  

You can test the magnetic by opening the door with the engine running, if you have a magnetic put it up to the face of the magnet in the door jam,that would simulate the door being closed, the steps should retract, put the magnet back to the receiver in the door jam and the steps should deploy. There’s two magnet receivers on my door jam, one for the lights on the handles and one to command the steps to deploy..

Hopefully this helps.

https://www.amazon.com/Kwikee-375385-Switch-Electronic-Step/dp/B003VASLM0/ref=asc_df_B003VASLM0/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312712394155&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16979630359631263285&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9019490&hvtargid=pla-599105870844&psc=1&mcid=1751adf25ac039a9aed34a07b040f581&gclid=CjwKCAiApaarBhB7EiwAYiMwqtHQ7GR_GY0-VlncBCTZVW33HdB_JIYARObEti4CCqW47ivNKSrtmhoCE2YQAvD_BwE