PARKS CANADA. THE QUEUE

Robert92867

The Canadian Rockies is one of my favorite destinations.  Starting in 2023 Parks Canada revised their online reservation system to shunt the overwhelming number of people trying to make reservations on opening day to to new software program called: Queue-it.  It was a tense 75 minutes of waiting in "the queue", but I was able to secure the reservations (2) that I was looking for. PARKSCANADAQUEUE.thumb.jpg.63e86f069855934be56f4f68d5808428.jpg

Canadian parks are BEAUTIFUL! When traveling through Canada to Alaska, we stayed in Provincial parks whenever we could. We especially enjoyed Laird, BC with the hot springs! The vista at Pine Lakes in Haines Junction, YT was breathtaking! The price was about $17 US but the Laird included the entrance to the hot springs so that was more. Laird was a little intimidating bc the entire CG is surrounded by bear fencing with signs everywhere, oh and there is the half mile walk to the hot springs outside the fencing! But it was so worth it!

I also was able to secure my desired reservations in Banff yesterday morning, after waiting for 1hr 13 mins for my turn.  The wait time estimate grew as time went on as I presume the number of available sites decreased and each person took longer on their turn to find sites that worked for them (or not). I was thinking that maybe we'd be out of luck this year, but was pleasantly surprised.

At one point they paused the queue, not sure if the system crashed or they were just giving it some breathing room.  Considering the large problem they are trying to solve I think it worked out okay and is a relatively fair process.