MCD Shade remote

Our 2004 Windsor MCD shade remote ( original large black one) stopped working so we ordered a replacement. It’s totally different than the original (smaller & white) we followed the instructions but this remote doesn’t seem to be able connect to the shades at all. We contacted MCD many times and they have answered a few times but they never follow up when we tell them it’s still not working. Any suggestions or a better way to fix our shade is appreciated. 
Thanks,
Bill Rose

22 hours ago, BillDeb45 said:

Our 2004 Windsor MCD shade remote ( original large black one) stopped working so we ordered a replacement. It’s totally different than the original (smaller & white) we followed the instructions but this remote doesn’t seem to be able connect to the shades at all. We contacted MCD many times and they have answered a few times but they never follow up when we tell them it’s still not working. Any suggestions or a better way to fix our shade is appreciated. 
Thanks,
Bill Rose

MCD changed both their motor technology and associated remotes several times over the years. I’m not familiar with the white remote as our latest one in a 15-channel one in black, but you likely need to replace the motors to make them work with the new remote, or find an old-style remote aftermarket.

We were “lucky” I guess in that we changed most of the living area and galley motors before the majority of the changes, but when we moved on to the next phase of replacing the cockpit and bedroom motors, that’s when we needed the new remote.

I’m a little surprised that they aren’t responsive to this, because the AirXcel takeover a few years ago increased the focus on sales over service. 

Thank you. I misspoke about the remote bring white. It’s black but ALOT smaller. I actually heard from a technician yesterday and he wanted our order # so I’m trying to find the order from over a year ago. I explained the situation and so far I haven’t gotten a clear answer. I think we will just put regulars curtains up!