2012 is Dynasty, Palace Step cover removal.

How do you remove the step cover in order to work on the motor on a 2012 Monaco, Dynasty.

The motor tries to operate but is stuck. I have removed the bolts holding the slide down and disconnected the connecting wiring. Only to get it out a several inches.

4 hours ago, Norman2 said:

How do you remove the step cover in order to work on the motor on a 2012 Monaco, Dynasty.

The motor tries to operate but is stuck. I have removed the bolts holding the slide down and disconnected the connecting wiring. Only to get it out a several inches.

Monaco had two, to the best of my knowledge, motorized, not AIR, operated systems.  There was the single motor (Dayton) system that had a long lead screw.  There was a proposed design change for mid 2009 for a TWO motor system.  Now, that comes from the prints….but I don’t know, since Monaco went bankrupt in early 2009, if that ever came to pass when Navistar bought them out.  

most of the Dynasty’s, pre Navistar, had an Air system, i THINK. It was easy to identify as there were plastic supports or cleats on the two sidewalls as you entered.  They were there to support the extended step well cover.

The single motor system would extend the cover, at a lower level, then at the end of the cycle, the cover was lifted up or raised and became flush.

The Camelot’s had this system….. but the wiring diagrams showed the new dual motor.  

BOTTOM LINE.  Pictures help.  Please post them.  Also post how the mechanism works and if the cover raises or lowers.  

I think your MH is Navistar, so Monaco was operating with called back employees.  Now…WHY dis they revert, on the Dynasty from the air operated to the single motor?  Was the proposed two motor system never fully designed and parts and tooling ordered?

WHO KNOWS??  Give us more information.  Lots of folks worked on the old Dayton single motor.  Lubrication was key to keeping it running.  It also would get “balky” if one of the two relays, in the front run bay failed. Mine is a little tricky.  You have to “hold” the switch and don’t panic if there is a slight pause, before it starts to move….either way.  A common occurrence….

Let us know what you have.