Where is switch for front jack "down" warning light.

Go to solution Solved by Cubflyer,

Getting ready to sell my 93 Signature baby. I took her off the jacks today and visually checked that all 3 are retracted but I have a warning light for the front jack. Where do I look for the switch that triggers the light? At the top of the jack? I thought I'd ask before rooting around in the dirt.

Thanks for any help or pictures.

• Solution

In my motor home it is a fluid level sensor in the reservoir for the hydraulic jack pump system. If fluid level gets low the light will stay on, indicating the jacks are down even though they are all the way up...

• Like 1

Ok. Having gone through a divorce and bought new property I had lost the manual for the RV.

I JUST FOUND IT!

It seems you are correct. I climbed under the front of the coach in the dirt and was able to wiggle around until I could sit up in the space in front of the drivers side front tire. I confirmed there are no electrical wires to the front jack and found a filler plug on the top of the reservoir for the jack pump. The manual says to use Dexron Trans Fluid and also says to clean all jack pistons and lubricate with WD-40.

I will travel to town in the AM for fluid.

• Like 1