Ride Height

miacasa_2000

OK now that I'm done with leaks ,compressor and proper operation of my HWH air level now to part 2.

When I air up especially from all the way down my drivers side lags way behind my passenger side when the system stops adding air and the travel light is lit the drivers side is anywhere from 1-1/2" to 2" below passenger side  I've measured this and the the bag height many times. The bags on the passenger side 9" heavy to 9-1/2" the drivers side will be in the front 7-1/2" to 7-3/4"  the rear will be 8-1/8" to 8-3/8"  I know all the bags are supposed to be 9" between the plates. This just started over this winter and when I left Fl. I put the system back to manual level got the height right turned system off travel light on and it stayed that way all the way back home.

Now I imagine I have 1 or 2 travel solenoids not working either bad or not energized and what is puzzling is a whole side not just a corner and the bags get air just not enough. Thanks to your repair manual it seems there are fuses on  all these solenoids besides the ones in the control box. Is that what is in this bag thought I'd ask before I tore into it. And am I on the right track and is there other things I should be looking for?  

20200901_113856.jpg

You should call Monaco for the ride heights.  My manual indicated what the ride heights should be but when I set them to the manual, I always thought the coach rode low in the rear.  Called Monaco and they gave me ride heights a whole inch to inch and a half higher then the manual stated...... Now the coach rides a lot better.  Previously I was getting a lot of porpoising (bouncing) from the front end going over bumps. 

on my 08 beaver Marquis has now replaced both left and right ride height control valves as they both have failed.  this fixed the problem.  ride height as 9 1/2 inches plate to plate.    Im waiting for the front contoller to go..  just saying.  I want to say this is a common fail point .  as the part is inexpensive i would change both rear ones.  good luck

Thank you but as I stated I know my ride height is 9"  This coach rides like a dream no porposing no sway or drift. 

Rob you didn't say why you replaced your ride height valves did you have the same condition with a side being low. In the front I only have one that's teed together for left and right sides now perhaps my valve on the left rear has failed and pulls the front out of wack with it. And did yours let the bags inflate a couple of inches and then stop like mine do? 

The rear ride heights valves control both the front and the rear travel heights..  The driver and pass sides.   Our Marquis has three of these valves.  2 in the back and one in the front.  THey are NOT the solonoid valves..

My drivers side air bags  would not inflate to travel height at all..  it just happen like that no warning.  Was repaired at ABC coaches in Minneapolis St. Paul.

The second right side height valve did the same thing.  No response when put into travel mode.  Replaced right side .... and no more problems.

The front ride height valve i am sure is ready to go any time... 

It should be looked at by a professional if you are unsure..  getting under the coach is dangerous.

Rob  I'm aware there are no solenoids on  the ride height valve and I think the key here is you said your bags wouldn't inflate at all. When I follow the path the ride height valve gets it's air from the tank and as it calls for air by way of the lever it lets air pass thru to the bags it has no electric to it. but to get to the bags it goes first to the manifold where there are solenoids to open and let that air pass to the bags when they get the travel signal. That way when they are not energized and they close you then can raise or lower to any point you chose by the other solenoid valves on the manifold with out the ride height valve trying to override the level system. But that being said I will examine my ride height valves what made me think it's not them is the front like you has only one valve teed to both sides and my ps raises fine.

And yes I always block up the coach anytime I go under whether working on air or something else.