Magnum remote settings

philcarrell

1 hour ago, philcarrell said:

I have looked and cannot find the settings for the Magnum remote.  Does anyone know what the are

https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/sites/default/files/MagArchive/64-0003-Rev-D-ME-RC.pdf

Try this!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, philcarrell said:

Thanks,  Will see if I can do this

Good luck!!! I read it probably 3-4 times to set mine.

I have read it 3 times.  What  happened my house batteries were 66 months old and I had one that tested bad so I put 8 new ones in.  The readout didn't come on on the remote.  I checked everything several times and finally turned the battery cutoff off and on  and it came on.  Since then it has been showing absorb charge at 14.5 volts and O amps.  Once in a while it will go to float charging.  I have been parked and hooked up to shore power since Friday.  Is this normal?   

1 hour ago, philcarrell said:

I have read it 3 times.  What  happened my house batteries were 66 months old and I had one that tested bad so I put 8 new ones in.  The readout didn't come on on the remote.  I checked everything several times and finally turned the battery cutoff off and on  and it came on.  Since then it has been showing absorb charge at 14.5 volts and O amps.  Once in a while it will go to float charging.  I have been parked and hooked up to shore power since Friday.  Is this normal?   

I hope someone else chimes in on that. Try calling Magnum Tech support on Monday. They have been very helpful in the past.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, philcarrell said:

The first thing I would do is take out the four screws holding the remote in the panel and pull it out of the hole. All that should be connected to it is a RJ11 type phone cable. Unplug that cable and leave it unplugged for about 30 seconds and then plug it back in. The remote is powered thru that cable and disconnecting it for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in will cause a hard reset of the remote. Often that will take care of the problem. You can do the same thing by unplugging that cable at the inverter. These cables often get corroded or make a poor connection and it can help by just unplugging them and then back in. These type connectors are IDC connectors (Insulation Displacement Connector) and make the connection by a V shaped opening in each individual contact that cuts thru the insulation of the wire and makes a connection to the bare wire. Does not take much to upset the apple cart.

Of course if the above does not take care of your problem call Magnum.

Edited by Bob Nodine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Called Magnum yesterday and did some trouble shooting. They had me unplug the shore power and check for voltage at the inverter.. there was no voltage, the tech said an inline fuse was blown.  The only fuse I can find is in a 12 gauge wire attached to the positive post on the batteries and this 30 Amp fuse is good.  Any idea what other fuses there could be.  I have looked every where.  It looks like the inverter output goes to the transfer switch but not sure.  Can't find my wiring schematic CD

Found 2 150 amp breakers in rear run bay that were flipped.  Got those reset and was chargeing. Left campground this morning and the inverter was off tried to turn back on no luck.  Started generator and it came on.  Got to next stop turned off generator inverter goes off.  Plug into shore power it will come back on.  I think control board inside computer is bad.  What is name of compaNy that rebuilds the inverters

Edited by philcarrell
Spelling