Entry door scissor replacement

Somewhere, on some forum there was at least one thread about replacing the entry door scissor hinge with a piston product.  I've searched several forums including this one and can't find it. Can anyone steer me to the thread or possibly a file on the subject?

Thanks,                

Ed

'05 HR Ambassador

1 hour ago, klcdenver said:

Open the link below and it will have everything you need to know. I have done it to 2 different diplomats and works great.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/gas-door-prop-installed-241214.html

Thanks a bunch. My only fear is getting it positioned correctly. I can picture a bunch of holes in the door and/or frame.

Ed

BTW, Lippert apparently is offering their friction door hinges for the aftermarket (I may have read that on this forum). Nothing much on their website about it. I’ve got a request in to them for more information.

Ed         
‘05 HR Ambassador 

• 1 month later...

I did this to my Camelot.  I was concerned about the placement of the ball joints so I got some Gorilla double stick tape and put them where I thought they should go and then fitted the ram, then changed the placement until everything lined up and the door opened and closed correctly.  Then screwed it all in place.  Very nice addition.

Tom

15 hours ago, Thomas1655 said:

I did this to my Camelot.  I was concerned about the placement of the ball joints so I got some Gorilla double stick tape and put them where I thought they should go and then fitted the ram, then changed the placement until everything lined up and the door opened and closed correctly.  Then screwed it all in place.  Very nice addition.

Tom

Great idea.

Thanks