Posted (edited)
On 3/30/2024 at 1:48 PM, Jlalpaugh said:

What TV mount did you use and how did you secure it to the ceiling? Thanks in advance. 

Hi Joe.  The TV mount was from Fry’s Electronics (no longer around), but there are similar ones on eBay and Amazon. It is mounted to the modified cabinet structure (scroll back a bunch of photos).

The “latch” is a sliding child door latch the pivots down and away when unlatched.  Again, from “Babies R Us” (no longer in business), but similar ones on line.  Mounted into a piece of covered wood which was attached securely to the ceiling structure.   

Below are some photos on the cabinet/ ceiling mount.  Mounting to the horizontal cabinet allows it to be stored screen up (protected). I painted the back of the TV to match the ceiling - had I had extra ceiling material, I would have either covered the back or made molded cover to hide all the connections.

the latch is a pivoting 90 degree safety latch. I believe it was designed to keep a door closed. When closed, it is effectively an angle iron covered in felt and non slip rubber.  When open, it pivots down and out of the way. Sliding it in line with the pivot unlocks it. It is very strong and will not slide open by itself, but takes only one hand to unlatch. It is PVC covered steel.

mounted properly, the screen is held up to the cloth covered ceiling and does not rattle or move. 

There are other ways to do this, including hiding a linear actuator in the cabinet to “push” the screen up to the ceiling for storage and lower for viewing. I might do that this summer when I make the 360 dash cam screen slide up/down and hide in the top of the dash.

On 3/31/2024 at 6:38 AM, dennis.mcdonaugh said:

Wow. That’s all I can say, just wow!  You and your boys did and incredible job. 

They are now age 24, 30, and 33.  They and their wives / fiancés saw your comments and the photos and laughed and told stories of those three months in the paint booth. Two are engineers. One is a successful construction company owner.

Yes I still have the Uberbounder, and Each asked to use it this summer.

Thank you for the kind words. 

IMG_5543.jpeg

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg

Edited by StellaTariche