Kinky Shower Hose

Dennis H

For those that like, and still use, the shower wands; If you're like me the plastic hose inside the stainless cover gets warm with the hot water and settles in the ring that Monaco screwed into the shower surround. As the water cools after the shower, the stainless hose ends up kinked right at the ring. A simple solution was to install a second ring and encase that part of the hose inside a plastic cover. I took a 6" piece of clear plastic hose, sliced it lengthwise and secured it to the stainless hose with zip ties. I installed the second ring just to the left and slightly above Monaco's. This allows the hose to cradle in the plastic and stops it from kinking. Simple fix at minimal cost. I did not screw the new ring into the surround. I cut off two screws and glued the heads into the ring, then glued the ring onto the surround. The rings come in various colors......Dennis

Shower hose ring

IMG_0329.JPG

IMG_0330.JPG

Dennis, it is difficult to tell from the picture, but it appears you have one of those shower hoses made to LOOK like they are in a stainless steel sheath but actually are completely plastic with no metal component.  There are several manufacturers of shower hoses that are a flexible elastomeric tube sheathed in a VERY flexible all-stainless cover.

You have certainly corrected your issue, but you might find that you like one of these stainless steel hoses better.  They would not kink in your application and are a great deal more pleasant to use.