LVP brand recommendations

oregondarrell

Planning to replace existing carpeting with LVP flooring this summer.

1) Any recommendations on quality brands of flooring appreciated. Would like a quality product that will last and not scratch easily.

2) Would like to install LVP on driver-side front slide out instead of existing bonded carpet.  Is this a good idea ?
    Will LVP hold up to dining chairs and Lazy Boy recliner sliding around ?  Or should I install LVP on floor and carpet on slide floor ?

Thanks - all information appreciated.
Darrell Terry

I installed LVP in my 2005 Sig last year. The worst part was removing the old carpet and staples. I squared up the stone floor at entry and kitchen. No flexible trim available at the time. That was also quite a bit of work removing a little bit of stone. I used a 3-350 square foot price range plank. Don’t remember brand from Home Depot. I had 2 spots where water damage was evident from my big slide and removed chairs and found room around bases where daylight showed. I patched soft spots, primed the sub base and used 1/4” styrofoam in lasers to build up main floor to avoid larg space between slides and main floor. I was concerned it might be noisier without carpet but I think the styrofoam insulation is quieter. I also removed the bed and did under it with the bedroom. There are plenty of trims available to finish the job. I covered the access engine panel in the bedroom also and used  Velcro to attach trim pieces. The only part I didn’t do was the bedroom closet. Cost about 1800 for materials. 
paul

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

When I researched LVP, it surprised me that in the fine print a number of products stated that is was not to be installed in Motorhomes. Not all LVP is truly water proof (some water resistant). Finally settled on a product from Lumber Liquidators (warm teak). Prepped the floors and glued down 1/4” cork that was sourced by the roll from Home Depot. The LVP was laid as a floating floor. No issues and still happy after 3 years of full time use.

Put COREtec in my HR Ambassador a few years ago.  Seemed to be holding up well.  Sold it last summer.  Ran it fore and aft from the carpeted bedroom to the firewall.  Just let it float.  No adhesive.  Left carpet on the slides as well as the bedroom.  Put tile in the little toilet room.  Prep where the old vinyl flooring in the galley came up was a b............h!  Had to get a little clever getting the new floor under slide outs on both sides.  One side of course was easy.  The other wasn't.  Used the pull bar tool from Loews  to help get the edge pieces snapped in.

• 1 year later...