07 ISB 325HP

Guest Dive Dive

Trying to locate where to vent air after radiator refill on a 07 Cummins 5.9 325HP.    The engine temp gauge is at zero which makes me think it is air bound.    Has anyone done this on this engine?

Hey Mark, I have the same engine in my 07 Neptune. There should be a little vent knob you turn right above the expansion tank, that is the vent. My understanding you're supposed to have that open as you fill the tank. I did this a few years ago when changing my AF out and seemed to work fine.

Guest Dive Dive
1 minute ago, Chad Y said:

Hey Mark, I have the same engine in my 07 Neptune. There should be a little vent knob you turn right above the expansion tank, that is the vent. My understanding you're supposed to have that open as you fill the tank. I did this a few years ago when changing my AF out and seemed to work fine.

I did see that label near the expansion tank and opened it while filling.   How long did it take your gauge to start going up?    I’m a little nervous about running it too long unless I know that I have good circulation to the radiator. 

3 minutes ago, Zigman64 said:

I did see that label near the expansion tank and opened it while filling.   How long did it take your gauge to start going up?    I’m a little nervous about running it too long unless I know that I have good circulation to the radiator. 

It took a pretty good while for the gauge to register IIRC. A diesel runs so cool that it will take awhile. I have a Banks kit with readout that shows the coolant temp digitally so it's pretty easy to tell its rising from the get go. A Scanguage is a cheap investment I would recommend to you and you'll have the same readout as I have. It sounds like you are fine just waiting on the Guage to register is you're issue.

Blufire is another monitoring option.

It links via bluetooth to several different types of devices iOS, Android and windows.

We use it on an iPad AirPro

It does take some time to create your personalized screen/gauge cluster or you can download other clusters that others have built.

I had a scanguage but it was too small for me to see very well and could only display about 4 things on the little screen.