Restore Flooded Lead Acid Batteries???

directorsusa

Has anyone ever tried to restore flooded lead acid batteries with this option?

Seems too good to be true, but might try it since I have some old dead batteries laying around. So nothing to loose if I properly protect myself and area?

Jarred A.

04 HR Navigator

On 5/4/2021 at 7:39 PM, Joelsheriff said:

I had a very skinny tech from under and behind  the surge tank w/o removing the rad. He was able to get in almost standing behind it. 

On 5/7/2021 at 6:30 AM, nocreek141 said:

Pete these are the filters that were installed on my coach several weeks ago. There are 2 filters, one is the primary which has the clear water bowl(separation chamber) screwed into the bottom and the secondary which has a sensor connection and fluid drain on the bottom. Both are located on the curb side of coach next to the engine. The primary is lowest one just aft of the drive axle. The secondary is about 2ft. further aft of the primary and about 2ft. higher up on engine than the primary. Another thing is that if you or any one else is changing these, they should be filled with fresh diesel fuel before screwing them on. According to mechanic this alleviates the chances of getting an air lock on main hi-pressure rail pump, which is another story. I would advocate having a set of spares in the coach. I bought a spare Cummins set on Amazon for around $60. A lot cheaper that the $700 bill for the set to be changed on the roadside by Freightliner emergency service mechanic. As for the micron ratings of these filters I can't give you the precise ratings but these are the specified filters by Cummins. Your book, like mine has obsolete numbers. These are the ones now spec'd by Cummins.

16 hours ago, directorsusa said:

Has anyone ever tried to restore flooded lead acid batteries with this option?

Seems too good to be true, but might try it since I have some old dead batteries laying around. So nothing to loose if I properly protect myself and area?

Jarred A.

04 HR Navigator

If I were going to try that, I darn sure wouldn't be wearing short sleeves and leaning over the boiling sulfuric acid. 😮

• Haha 1