Pulling Wire Front to Back

Not for sure where to post this question.

97 Dynasty, 38 foot, it appears from the Transfer Relay all the electrical wires go toward the rear of the coach to the batteries, running in the middle, between the frame rails. Does anyone know if this indeed an open path to pull some new wires ?

Has anyone pulled new wires from front to back ?

Thanks for any advice.

I’ve pulled multiple wires from the back to the front. Network cables for battery monitor, inverter control, surge guard, and toad brake monitor. PITA, but ran them down the middle above the basement storage next to all the other cables. I used a wire fish and a pull line. It’s dirty and hard. I also left a pull rope in case I have to do it again.

Mark

2002 Windsor 40PST

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I had to pull a paired wire for the fuel pressure gauge I installed for the FASS fuel pump. 

In the past I did  not have any success trying to just push a fish tape through the frame rails.  I ended up pulling the ceiling panel out of the middle basement compartment, this meant I had one compartment on each side I had to contend with.  The fuel tank compartment has a metal panel welded in place.  The small compartment where my transfer switch, inverter, water heater and water pump are located does not have a panel in the ceiling so could access there.

I decided to try and get a piece of 3/4" conduit through.  I was able to use 10' pieced starting in the front, passenger side next to the rail and push it through the openings in the frame that the wire bundles were already routed.  I pushed it back across the fuel tank into the middle compartment.  I then glued the 2nd 10' piece on then working in the middle compartment pushed across the 3rd compartment, and then working in the small compartment pushed into the ceiling above the rear axle. 

This provided me a route to pull the fuel pressure sensor wires. 

I am also trying to find a spare wire front to back but if I am unsuccessful I will have to pull at least one other wire through the conduit. 

Edited by jacwjames

4 hours ago, jacwjames said:

I had to pull a paired wire for the fuel pressure gauge I installed for the FASS fuel pump. 

In the past I did  not have any success trying to just push a fish tape through the frame rails.  I ended up pulling the ceiling panel out of the middle basement compartment, this meant I had one compartment on each side I had to contend with.  The fuel tank compartment has a metal panel welded in place.  The small compartment where my transfer switch, inverter, water heater and water pump are located does not have a panel in the ceiling so could access there.

I decided to try and get a piece of 3/4" conduit through.  I was able to use 10' pieced starting in the front, passenger side next to the rail and push it through the openings in the frame that the wire bundles were already routed.  I pushed it back across the fuel tank into the middle compartment.  I then glued the 2nd 10' piece on then working in the middle compartment pushed across the 3rd compartment, and then working in the small compartment pushed into the ceiling above the rear axle. 

This provided me a route to pull the fuel pressure sensor wires. 

I am also trying to find a spare wire front to back but if I am unsuccessful I will have to pull at least one other wire through the conduit. 

Try using a wire pulling mule and pull as many wires as you can get in the conduit. Never know when you will need additional.

Thanks for the tip, I had a metal fish tape and it worked fine.

I was able to run five  14 awg wires through the 3/4" conduit, was pretty easy other then have to go from front to back since I was doing it myself.  But I got it done and no one (me) got hurt😁

I had hope to get through the chase way, between the frame rails, where all the electric cables, fuel lines, hydraulic, etc run. Was unable to get a fish tape to go through. Ran my Wireless Ferret down the chase way and sure enough, it is blocked, right before the rear wheels, see photo. From this bulkhead aft, it is wide open, no chase way, cables run along the frame rail to where ever they are going. Plan to make a new small hole  in the bulkhead, outboard of the frame rail and into the Water Bay and run forward from there to where the Propane Heater is and then go into the interior and run along the wall to the dash area. Will see if it works out.

Bulkhead copy.jpg