1997 Monaco Dynasty with Cummins 8.3 A/C Compressor Motor

My AC motor seized up in my coach.  I called Cummins and they could not tell me what compressor motor I had on my engine.  Would anyone know what replacement motor I need and the best place to get it?  The Cummins dealer said it "might" be a Sanden.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jody

Edited by jmcnamer

• jmcnamer changed the title to 1997 Monaco Dynasty with Cummins 8.3 A/C Compressor Motor
8 minutes ago, jmcnamer said:

My AC motor seized up in my coach.  I called Cummins and they could not tell me what compressor motor I had on my engine.  Would anyone know what replacement motor I need and the best place to get it?  The Cummins dealer said it "might" be a Sanden.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jody

There was a tag in mine.

I took a picture and NAPA got me a replacement. 

It cross referenced with one used on a peterbuilt truck from the same Era. 

It was the exact same pump.

8 minutes ago, jmcnamer said:

I'll see if mine has one.  Do you remember where the tag was located on the pump?  I looked yesterday but could not find one.

Thanks again,

Jody

On the side about mid way.

I sprayed the housing good with WD 40

To find and read.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the help with the A/C compressor.  I evacuated all of the refrigerant from the system.  Changed the compressor, created a vacuum to refill the refrigerant, and it took 3 1/2 cans, around 30 oz of refrigerant.  Now the 12 oz cans are refilling the system, extraordinarily slow. (30 min for 6 oz)  I checked the high and low pressure and its holding pressure fine.  How much refrigerant will the system take, and how would you recommend charging it?

Thanks again for your help.

Jody