Dometic electronic/automatic toilet

powersltc

Ron P., 2004 Monaco Executive 

I have a Dometic toilet and it flushes find however the water does not stay in the toilet bowl very long.  It eventually drain dry.

Anyone have any experience changing the seal on the flush ball?  

My exact same toilet did the same thing.  I flipped the switch under the cover to hold the flapper open then I used a Qtip to clean where the flapper sealed. Then I used some silicone grease to lube the slot where the flapper sealed and a little on the flapper too.  Has worked for years now. There was a piece of toilet paper stuck in the slot and water drained out.  Now it will hold water for months....

Safe travels

Dave

• Thanks 1

Yes all the things above work, I have done them all

With the flapper open clean very well usually fixes it

To replace the seal you can get the seal kit from a Demetic place (I used me sanitation supply) for about $85

Make sure you tell them how old (mine is 2002)

Unscrew four hold down screws lift toilet bowl out of way unscrew ring and old seal comes out new seal put in and screw ring back on 

Put new foam ring on and reinstall toilet

Will last for years

1 minute ago, Bobsteid said:

Yes all the things above work, I have done them all

With the flapper open clean very well usually fixes it

To replace the seal you can get the seal kit from a Demetic place (I used me sanitation supply) for about $85

Make sure you tell them how old (mine is 2002)

Unscrew four hold down screws lift toilet bowl out of way unscrew ring and old seal comes out new seal put in and screw ring back on 

Put new foam ring on and reinstall toilet

Will last for years

Mine just drain out of the bowl.   I have to flush before use to fill the bowl and again after use.  The  bottom seal is okay.   Not leaking.