Slides and jacks suddenly became unresponsive

Ready to leave our campsite,  went to pull in our slides,  and got no response from the controls. All fuses I could find looked good.  Checked and had current at the hydraulic pump.  Bypassed the solenoid and the pump ran. No movement from the slides. Discovered the jacks were in the same unresponsive state, even though they were in the retracted position. The slides are operated by Lippert hydraulics, the jacks are HWH. We opened the valves on the slide hydraulics,  and were able to push the slides in, but it was very difficult. Closed the valves and drove several hundred miles.  When we arrived at our destination,  we tried pushing a slide out, but it proved too difficult.  I tried operating the controls and  voila, they worked! I would like to avoid a repeat of this scenario by finding out what the issue actually is.  Any thoughts? 

T. Gallagher,  07 HR Navigator 

Your 07 uses the multiplex system to control the slides and I assume the jacks… our 06 & 08 Navigators do not have jacks. I started a thread on multiplex problems and solutions on IRV2 but cannot access it since I’ve been banned. I searched “ivylog irv2 multiplex problems” but can’t copy the link for you.

Often, doing a reboot (shutting the 12v power off) to the multiplex, gets the bits lined up. A problem that persists is often a grounding problem. 

I also have a 07 Navigator, and I have had to replace the solenoid on the slide pump under the steps several times.  Once it just quit like you describe, replaced and all was well for years, then I noticed a reluctance on all hydraulic slides to move and thought initially it was the multiplex, but it also turned out to be the solenoid.  I now carry a spare, once you replace it once it only takes a short time to do.  Respectfully I disagree that it is a multiplex problem as the jacks of which I also have are operated by the leveling panel.  I agree it seems very fluky, you would have an issue with both at the same time that resolved itself.