Adding a Pull-down Awning

Anyone added a pull-down awning to a window that does not have an awning?  The large hallway window in my 08 HR Ambassador 40 SKQ allows a high amount of heat and I would like to add an awning to the window.  I have found a couple of sources such as https://www.carefreeofcolorado.com/products/sl-window-awning.html.  Anyone have experience with add-on awnings such as this?  Are there other manufacturers who provide better quality, IYOO?  Thanks.

Yes, on several previous TTs. How long/wide is the window? I’ve added a Oasis electric lateral arm awning over the driver’s side window on this and previous DP… paid less than $150 on EBay for them. Been looking unsuccessfully for a small (plenty of big) window pull down awning to go over the window in the bathroom so I can leave it open when it rains and keep the sun out.

Edited by Ivylog

Joe,  we have the '07 version of your coach.  I talked with Dometic and they gave me part numbers for an awning that will work with that window configuration.  I plan to install it this winter while we are in Arizons. Here  us the info Dometic gave me.   They said it was a complete awning system  hardware, awning fabric etc.

Model #85690EE.0780-UK