Stuck Drawer

I've got a drawer in my bedroom stuck tight. Bottom one under the tv. I mean it doesn't move or wiggle in, out, up, or down. Like it's glued there.

Wife was putting liner in drawers and shelves while I was messing with the fridge and generator. She said Would you open this drawer? I kind of laughed to myself, not after I tried to open it.

It's stuck so tight I even looked in from the drawer above to make sure it's not a false front even though I know I've opened it before. 

Looking for tips. I'll go down in the morning and try to figure out how to remove the one above it so I can see what's going on.

The name of the game for my wife was to stuff as many clothes into a drawer as she could.  Each time she opened the drawer excess clothes would fall over the sides and back of the drawer falling to space below and to the side of the drawer.  Finally the excess clothes would jam the drawer shut.  Took me 2 days to get all the clothes out.  She asked me what should she do with all those excess clothes.  I told her to take them to the local goodwill store.  Chuck B 2004 Windsor

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FishAR said:

I've got a drawer in my bedroom stuck tight. Bottom one under the tv. I mean it doesn't move or wiggle in, out, up, or down. Like it's glued there.

Wife was putting liner in drawers and shelves while I was messing with the fridge and generator. She said Would you open this drawer? I kind of laughed to myself, not after I tried to open it.

It's stuck so tight I even looked in from the drawer above to make sure it's not a false front even though I know I've opened it before. 

Looking for tips. I'll go down in the morning and try to figure out how to remove the one above it so I can see what's going on.

I've had an issue with the screws that hold the drawer slide tracks will back  out of the wood going into either the drawer itself or the cabinet frame.  If you force the drawer out, likely you will jamb the screw in tighter, making it worse.  Take the drawers out above and below the problem drawer and see if you can see the slide.  It will take some patience.  

When you do finally get it out, go back and be sure all screws are fully in and tight, especially any screws that are screwed into the drawer itself.

14 hours ago, FishAR said:

To remove the drawer above, slide it all the way out until it stops.  Then look at the slides and there will probably be a little plastic latch that stops the drawer.  They will be in both sides.  Move the latches and continue to pull the drawer out.  

• Like 1

On 8/22/2021 at 12:25 PM, FishAR said:

I got the drawer above the stuck drawer out of the way. Got the stuck drawer open. The glides are seriously binding up. I get it out of there and I can work on freeing them up. One lever is causing me a problem.

Consider just replacing the hardware.  HD, Lowes or ACE should have the correct one.  Take the old one with you.  Self close is NOT important because it won't lock the drawer closed.  You'll still need to give it a final push to lock it in place.