Low Air Alert While Underway

FWGERHART

Recently while driving in slow traffic I received a low air alert. As soon as I was back on the interstate at 60mph everything was back to normal. In the morning as the rig was airing up I noticed it was taking longer then usual. And when it finally did air up completely the “blast” of air was prolonged. Not just a short blast as normal but a much longer blast duration. Any thoughts? 

Anytime I start losing air pressure like that in a truck (I'm new to the RV world) I always do a brake pressure test. While stopped, apply the brakes and check to see if you have continuous air loss. If not , try adjusting the air governor. The long blast of air is the dryer releasing excessive air. It could also be stuck or in need of service. 

Edited by Flyinhy
Added comment

Seems like the Air Dryer and governor have a little more tendancy to give trouble on motorhomes. I think they get sticky and act up from lack of use.

You could try a new governor, $20 from Napa. My old girl was acting pretty odd recently and a rebuilt air dryer had her back on the straight and narrow.

16 minutes ago, Fonman said:

Seems like the Air Dryer and governor have a little more tendancy to give trouble on motorhomes. I think they get sticky and act up from lack of use.

You could try a new governor, $20 from Napa. My old girl was acting pretty odd recently and a rebuilt air dryer had her back on the straight and narrow.

Mike, did you mean air or hair?

Gary 05 AMB DST

• Like 1