Jump to content

98 Dynasty headlight upgrade


JM1998
 Share

Recommended Posts

Is there a headlight upgrade for a 98 Monaco Dynasty? The headlights really date the look of the coach.

Thanks for any info.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, JM1998 said:

Is there a headlight upgrade for a 98 Monaco Dynasty? The headlights really date the look of the coach.

Thanks for any info.

Those look like 1987-1991 Ford truck lights.

They are doubled up on your coach, so not sure what’s high/low beams 

Anyway, for the best, projectors all the way 

https://outlawleds.com/1987-1991-ford-obs-projector-headlights/

Not cheap, but the light up the night, legally 

A58D3749-1D25-4E3E-B9AC-F2A545249B2B.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JM1998 said:

I appreciate the link. I will definitely look into these.

Let me know if they are the same as the Ford? Mine are off an E-Series ford van. Bargain bin.

For curiosity, and in free time, look up Lamborghini uses Nissan headlights 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I replaced my dated headlights and got them from WalMart of all places and the price was incredible.  Great projector type lights with LED surrounds.  Now, do they have lamp adjustment shops anymore?

Woody Miller

09 Dynasty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

I have a 2001 Diplomat.  My headlights have yellowed and are cloudy.  I'd like to replace them with projector style headlights to update the front face of the RV.

Any idea where I could get an economical option? What size would be correct?  I'm thinking headlights for a early 2000's Ford E150/E-250/E350 series?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, tomevansfl said:

I have a 2001 Diplomat.  My headlights have yellowed and are cloudy.  I'd like to replace them with projector style headlights to update the front face of the RV.

Any idea where I could get an economical option? What size would be correct?  I'm thinking headlights for a early 2000's Ford E150/E-250/E350 series?

You are correct on the E series van. I just did mine, but not sure what is “economical” to one is a necessity  to another.

Anywau, turned out great and can see a long, long ways out now. 

67DC28B3-6281-4489-A6CC-EA70C126CC94.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/22/2021 at 10:57 AM, JDCrow said:

You are correct on the E series van. I just did mine, but not sure what is “economical” to one is a necessity  to another.

Anywau, turned out great and can see a long, long ways out now. 

67DC28B3-6281-4489-A6CC-EA70C126CC94.jpeg

Nice looking upgrade.  Where did you get them? I am looking for a projector style similar to the ones you have. 

By economical, I'm not looking to spend $400 each.  I have seen them at that price and really didn't like them.  I don't like to drive at night so I'm looking more at aesthetics, I guess.  Just want to make the old girl look fresher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...