Living Room Slide came in part way and stopped

I'm stumped and could use some expert suggestions/help. My coach is a 2001 Dynasty Queen 40. My Living Room Slide came in part way and stopped (luckily I am home). I can't get it to come in or out. It is dead, and moving the switch makes no noise or any sign of activating the slide. I know that the ignition switch being on can lock out the slide from moving. I also know that having one of the outside compartment doors open can lock out the slide. So far I have checked every fuse in the front and rear fuse locations and the slide solenoids (including the slide disabled solenoid) and nothing seems to be wrong. In fact, the bedroom slide still works. I have tried moving the fairly new (4 months old) ignition switch on and off several times my no luck. I have also traced the Green (12v) wire from the slide relay in the rear compartment, through both lock out switches on the side compartment doors, all the way to the slide switch, and I have 12v at the slide switch. I have checked the switch condition and confirmed that it seems to be a DPDT switch, and both middle connector "connect" to the outer connectors when pressed, as they should. The only thing I can think of to do is to check the power and connections at the hydraulic pump solenoids and servos, but I have no idea where they are located. I did find a slide actuator in the passenger side of the fuel tank, and looked in the main storage compartment (where the HWH controller and Inverter are located) but did not see it (upon casual inspection). I figured the rear actuator and pump would be located near one of the main slide extension (square) tubes, and did find the front actuator, but not the rear actuator and pump. Before I go any farther I thought I would reach out to the people on this forum in case I was missing the obvious. Attached is the wiring for the main slide switch/

Front Slide Out Switch wiring.jpg

Earlier this year my front slide wouldn't come in, I checked all the fuses and everything else I could think of.  I manually brought the slide in.  I started checking each inhibitor switch and all looked like they were in the right position and the button worked freely.  Still nothing, 

I then started bypassing the inhibitor switch, I pulled the wires and connected them together. The first one I checked was the culprit.  Took it out and cleaned it up and cleaned the wiring connectors and that fixed the problem. 

I decided to buy a spare inhibitor switch to carry just in case. 

My inhibitor switches are in series with the power to the slide switch. I tested each one (I have 2) and the power to the switch went away with each inhibitor switch out, and came back with each inhibitor switch in, so I feel like those are OK, although this situation certainly seems like it would be one if those switches.

On my 1998 the hydraulic for the slide out is behind the entry steps. If you crawl under the steps you should see it. A motor attached to a small tank. On mine there are two fuses attached to the hydraulic wiring harness.

Also when I was working on mine it stopped suddenly and I couldn't figure out why. So I took a hammer and tapped lightly on the motor and it started working again. It is 23 years old so go figure?

Do you have a slide controller,

I have one that looks like this but I have electric slides.  https://revrvparts.com/item-detail?itemId=51447&organizationId=9

There is a fuse on it but also there is an ignition disable relay.   There is also a slide disable relay in my front drivers side electrical compartment.  Either of these could be bad.  My guess is your 2001 have similar controls/safeties.

Thanks to Ron Van Arsdall and Tony G, , I looked under my entry steps and found this group of 4 pumps. Apparently one of these is for the slide (maybe 2 pumps are for slide: one in, one out?)

I found the two 15 amp fuses and both were good. I also traced one of the pumps to the generator slide. I tried the generator slide and it failed to work also,. Now I suspected that the solenoid (that I also found under the steps along with the 4 pumps) might be bad. YUP, it was bad. Replaced it and everything works as normal now.

Thanks for the tip Ron Van Arsdall and Tony G

I never did see a slide controller like Jim J has, perhaps that was an "improvement" on later years 🙂

Edited by Corkman