Steering Wheel control board Molex connection chard - Headlights intermittent

BFam2008

After having the coach in the shop since July for a engine electrical issue (lost power to ECM/TCM) which will be the topic of another post.  I brought the coach home from the shop in Muskogee OK and as I got into Dallas and noticed I had no headlights everything else was working, headlights were dark.  I got it home just in the nick of time as darkness set in.   I've had a few issues with intermittent headlights, but I looked at the control box today and the Molex connector on the PCB is Charred (picture attached). The wire side of the Molex connector is pretty much toast as well.  

I could wiggle things and make them work, but in my experience if you can wiggle it and make it work... the loose connection is going to get hot or worse anyway and should be replaced.   I replaced the light switch last year because the lights didn't work.   Can you still get the control box and maybe the wire side connector from somewhere?  Any other headlight  suggested fixes would be welcome as well.

uq7npo36.bmp

I soldered on the back side a 2 plug connector bypassing the burnt plug. The board is only rated for 9 amps but it usually takes 10+ years before probably corrosion builds up and it overheats.

882EC712-CE43-4637-8213-D78567238D81.png

Edited by Ivylog

Great minds think alike,  I was thinking about pulling out my desolder kit and replacing the connection on the board with wires and a 4 pin connection off the board.

I had a similar problem last spring and I used guidance from other members on this forum to bypass the smart wheel headlight problem.  Namely burned connections and circuits.  I used the advice I found under the thread titled No Headlights and Relay Solution by Mocephus.  It can be found under the Electrical section by searching for the thread title.  So far no further headlight or smart wheel problems. Good luck.