Electrical display wiring

saflyer

2005 HR Ambassador. The EMS and battery monitor display panels are on the wall beside the toilet door on the road side. The inverter is in the farthest rear bay on the curb side. Is it possible to pull a new RJ12 cable between these two locations for a new BMK or is that not reasonable?

Ed

If you can get a cable from the EMS/Battery Monitor to the basement I'd say yes but it may take an effort.  See if there already wires run up from the basement, you may have to remove the ceiling panel under where the EMS display is now to see if you can get a new wire down. 

I was able to run a wire from dirvers side bay where I have my Surge Protector display to a second display I mounted in my 1/2 bath.  Had to run the wire across the basement then over to the tank bay, then up through a hole next to a gray water tank intlet, then up into the vanity cabinet. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chuck B 2004 Windsor said:

RJ12 Cables are flat ribbon cables with no twist in them.  Long cable RJ12 cable runs could introduce cross talk into them from other sources such as florescent light fixtures.  That is because there are no twists in the cable.  I would suggest Cat 4 cable that has a twist of the individual wires in it.

I believe there is already RJ12 cable running along the same path I would run the new cable. It is for connecting the inverter to the ME-ARC remote panel below the EMS.