Activities enjoyed while out on the road

JDCrow

Having talked to some in a few threads, I’d thought I’d start a thread about the things we do while traveling, camping, or set up for the winters. 

We are water people for sure. Wife loves to swim, hang out on the beach, and ride her jet ski.

Myself, fish, fish, and fish some more. The boat hangs out with us. Fishing rods are in the Coach at all times.  

The coach had got us out sightseeing more as well.

We picked up a few kayaks to use in future trips. We take out bikes as well. Lots of time with the dogs. 

We recently rented a UTV and had a blast wit that. 

77B8E887-E068-4D64-9BD2-B0DEE86A621F.jpeg

06C97D75-6B2B-4CAB-8BED-945818926793.jpeg

D15326E5-D8C7-4E7F-9783-921B9F01D728.jpeg

CAEB7D91-D38E-4C2F-AC3F-AEEC31CBD5DD.jpeg

Edited by JDCrow
  • Like 1

For me travel and photography go hand in hand. I love to park in places with beautiful scenic views right from the RV or go out with the toad and find some. About 15 years ago, before the motorhome we camped in Monument Valley in a spot practically by ourselves. You can see from the second photo what kind of view we had from the trailer. I took it the following morning a sunrise. I have thousands of photos of beautiful landscapes.

On the other hand, my wife likes all kinds of shopping so we have to mix it up a little bit. I don't mind browsing in the shops of small towns and hardware stores can be very interesting but I can pass on city shopping.

IMG_3561.JPG

_MG_1501.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tom Wallis said:

For me travel and photography go hand in hand. I love to park in places with beautiful scenic views right from the RV or go out with the toad and find some. About 15 years ago, before the motorhome we camped in Monument Valley in a spot practically by ourselves. You can see from the second photo what kind of view we had from the trailer. I took it the following morning a sunrise. I have thousands of photos of beautiful landscapes.

On the other hand, my wife likes all kinds of shopping so we have to mix it up a little bit. I don't mind browsing in the shops of small towns and hardware stores can be very interesting but I can pass on city shopping.

IMG_3561.JPG

_MG_1501.jpg

Beautiful shots! Have you been along the Oregon coast? 

Thanks JD. Yes we are regulars to the Oregon coast. Beautiful scenery and some of the nicest state parks, it's one of our favorite places.

Here are some photos from Harris Beach SP and Samuel H. Boardman Scenic State Corridor.

_MG_0783-HDR.jpg

_MG_3393_HDR_OD.jpg

146_4608.jpg

• Like 2

Guest Ray Davis
On 3/20/2022 at 12:48 PM, JDCrow said:

D15326E5-D8C7-4E7F-9783-921B9F01D728.jpeg

CAEB7D91-D38E-4C2F-AC3F-AEEC31CBD5DD.jpeg

Wow, JD, that's 2 impressive fish.  Catching those could make me start fishing. 

Beautiful shots, what lake is it?

Tom, those are beautiful scenes.

45 minutes ago, Ray Davis said:

Wow, JD, that's 2 impressive fish.  Catching those could make me start fishing. 

Beautiful shots, what lake is it?

Tom, those are beautiful scenes.

Both of these are from the Umpqua River. 

The top is a Chinook (king) Caught him from the jetty, climbed the rocks to the end of jetty. 

Second fish is a 30” Coho (silver) caught up river in my boat.