Hi does any one hav a wet bay water drawing of a 1998 dynasty 34'

Mike Farquharson

Hi I am trying to redo the plunbing in the wet bay the water fill uses a gate valve and preasure would be on the water pump all the time , I am use to a fifth wheel that uses a 3 way valve for the incoming water.

Thanks Mike

wetbay.jpg

If someone changed the general plumbing they did a great job as it looks original other then valve. 

I do not have a picture of my plumbing but I have a Swann water fill like this https://swanindustries.com/collections/retail-customer/products/copy-of-wsv150st-quick-water-fill

This looks complicated but it is not really that bad, it is a 3 way valve that allows water to flow to either the water tank or the house.  The key is the check valve that does not allow the water to backflow if the pump is on. 

And yes, when my valve is going to the house there is pressure on the water pump all the time but it does not have to be on.  There is a separate suction line to the water pump from the fresh water tank and when the pump is running there is pressure on the house side BUT the check valve does not allow the water to backflow out. 

You can built the above alot cheaper yourself by just buying the parts.

• Like 1

Thank you Jim so their should be a check valve on the pump to stop back feeding and you open the valve to fill the tank while preasure still goes to the pump at the same time. On the passengers side of the tank at the top it looks like a vent their is a hose with a garden hose adapter on it . I guess to fill it also.

The fitting on the pass side left I am guessing it is also a check valve.

Thanks Mike

20220605_084405.jpg

20220605_084409.jpg

I have a question on this topic…

(I think) The guy who owned the rig before me added a garden hose shut off to the hose inlet. If I don’t shut it off the pump will cause a steady stream of water.  I often wondered where the check valve was…. From the swan website it looks like it is right by the valve. 

The real question… How do you gain access to the back of that panel? To me it looks impossible- but I am sure I am missing something.  My rig is a 2000 dynasty. 

I doubt I will fix it - just keep using the garden hose shutoff to keep it from leaking. But if it wasn’t too hard… wait this is plumbing- it’s always too hard!

3 hours ago, Mike Farquharson said:

Thank you Jim so their should be a check valve on the pump to stop back feeding and you open the valve to fill the tank while preasure still goes to the pump at the same time. On the passengers side of the tank at the top it looks like a vent their is a hose with a garden hose adapter on it . I guess to fill it also.

The fitting on the pass side left I am guessing it is also a check valve.

Thanks Mike

20220605_084405.jpg

20220605_084409.jpg

If you look at the link I posted it has a check valve on the left side, this is what prevents the back flow when the pump is on, but this is a 3 way valve.  One position is for shore water, the other position is to fill the tank.  If you just have a valve that allows for the connection to shore water the check valve has to go somewhere between the pump and this circuit. 

The garden hose adapter looks like this was added, probably so you can fill the tank from both sides.   Whoever did it used a standard piece of fill hose and screw type clamps instead of Pex and bands. 

My  valve check valve was starting to leak a little letting water drip a little when the pump was on.  Had to do something to fix it.

I took my camera and took some pictures behind the panel.  The swan valve was connected on the back side of the panel using the screw on type fitting.  It was a pain but I was able to reach up behind the panel and loosen the adapters and was able to remove the swan type valve.  I then replaced the check valve and put it all back in working by feel.   No more leaks.