Where's this wire go?

FLynes

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping you all can solve this mystery. In our battery compartment is the slide-out relay panel and then a buss bar to the right of it. The picture, which I'm attaching, shows a blue wire over the slide-out relays, and it's not attached to anything. Does anyone know where it's supposed to go?

Thanks in advance for the replies.

IMG_0470.jpg

2 minutes ago, CorinthWest said:

2004 37PCT, just went out and took this pic for ya.

IMG_1086.jpg

LOL! So Monaco put a wire in the doggone panel and it goes to nothing....classic.

Oh well, at least I have peace of mind now.

Thanks.

If you believe the label on mine, it is power for the 30A Optional Sofa, which I don't have.  They even left the circuit breaker out.  But if I was looking to solve the mystery, I would look for the "Optional Sofa" plug and do a continuity test (which I may do someday as well, if I can ever find the plug).  Prolly find this blue wire goes to it.  That would solve (my) mystery wire.  Prolly yours as well since these coaches are almost identical.

54 minutes ago, CorinthWest said:

Found it.  I also think the "Sys Heat" may be the heater in the wet bay.  But I have no idea what a "Tank Pad Relay" could be.

IMG_1088.jpg

What is this wiring diagram and where can I get one? I've looked high and low for the LaPalma and found nada.

Funny, the System Heater breaker isn't connected, yet it works perfectly in the Wet Bay.

Got any money?  LOL - just kidding.  Mine came with my coach when I purchased it (used).  I suppose I got lucky.  It is an odd size book of diagrams, but I will go to the copy place the next time I go into town (next week), and get it copied for you, and send it out.  Send me a PM with your address, and you should get it within a week or 2.

1 hour ago, CorinthWest said:

If you believe the label on mine, it is power for the 30A Optional Sofa, which I don't have.  They even left the circuit breaker out.  But if I was looking to solve the mystery, I would look for the "Optional Sofa" plug and do a continuity test (which I may do someday as well, if I can ever find the plug).  Prolly find this blue wire goes to it.  That would solve (my) mystery wire.  Prolly yours as well since these coaches are almost identical.

I'm willing to bet you're right. Okay, since we're on a roll here, I found this plug under the drawers in the bedroom. It seems like Monaco installed one universal wiring harness in our coaches, regardless of whether it had that particular option of not....time saving vs cost saving measure I guess. I have a slew of plugs behind the dash that aren't connected to anything, including the air horns plug....our coach never had them.

IMG_0814.jpg

8 minutes ago, CorinthWest said:

Got any money?  LOL - just kidding.  Mine came with my coach when I purchased it (used).  I suppose I got lucky.  It is an odd size book of diagrams, but I will go to the copy place the next time I go into town (next week), and get it copied for you, and send it out.  Send me a PM with your address, and you should get it within a week or 2.

You are incredible, thank you, thank you, thank you. PM on the way.

Wanna bet someone has bypassed that circuit breaker for your wet bay heater IE.  feeding the wet bay heater from some other source?  Possibly because the CB went bad?  It would be easy enough to power the wet bay heater from the tank pad connector in the wet bay if that were the case.  Not the correct solution to the problem if you ask me, but certainly possible, particularly if the pad heater relay plug is/was "empty" (no heat pad option).  If you disconnected the "heat pad relay" CB wire, does the wet bay heater still function?   I would hazard an educated guess and say it won't. 

3 minutes ago, CorinthWest said:

Wanna bet someone has bypassed that circuit breaker for your wet bay heater IE.  feeding the wet bay heater from some other source?  Possibly because the CB went bad?  It would be easy enough to power the wet bay heater from the tank pad connector in the wet bay if that were the case.  Not the correct solution to the problem if you ask me, but certainly possible, particularly if the pad heater relay plug is/was "empty" (no heat pad option).  If you disconnected the "heat pad relay" CB wire, does the wet bay heater still function?   I would hazard an educated guess and say it won't. 

That's a very good theory, because I don't think I have tank pads. Unfortunately, the coach is at the interior shop getting some mistakes they made repaired. When I get it back, I'll try it...I'm willing to bet you're right.

FWIW

Last year I was chasing another problem and found a coil of wires on top of my black tank.  The wires were in the black wiring loom but they were just cut, no caps or taped up.

I knew that Monaco offered a tank heater option but I didn't have tank heaters.  But in my rear passenger side electrical bay I had a relay that indicated it was for tank pads so I did some checking.  The snap disc that controls the wet bay heater also sends a signal to the tank pad heater relay so I jumpered the snap disc and check for voltage on the newly discovered wires.  Sure enough I had voltage.

So I went ahead and installed tank heaters which came in hand as when I took a trip in Nov and temps got down in the teens the tanks stayed right at 45F which kept the whole wet bay area warm. 

I park my rig in a garage but it is not heated, so this winter I decided not to even winterize the coach, just kept the tank heaters on and monitored the temps. 

Jim,

I have never had a coach that had tank heaters, so this is new to me (hence my "what is a tank pad" question).  I've been thinking about this a lot since yesterday, and one of the questions that came to mind is "IF" someone had tank pads, do you still need to winterize if you turn on the tank pads and keep a space heater going inside the coach?  I too have the tank pad relay in the wet bay, and all the wiring and CB is there.  My wet bay heater works too, but the tank pad relay isn't controlled by the snap disk, only the wet bay heater (see below).  The system heat switch powers the relay for the tank pads.  But I purchased this unit used, and I don't know if it came with the tank pad option.  I need to check this out, and I will before winter.

System_heat_wiring_diagram_2006_Diplomat.jpg

The guy that owned the coach before me neglected to winterize.  He said he just drained the fresh water tank (which he didn't).  So after I purchased it, I put city water to it and WHAT A DISASTER.  I had 13 leaks throughout the coach, including an in-coach fountain coming from the bathroom sink, a toilet that was all but destroyed and leaking like a sieve, busted PEX fittings, busted fixtures, all in all it was a HOT (wet) MESS.  Took me a week to seal everything up and fix/rebuild the toilet and fixtures.  I even had multiple leaks in the wet bay - it truly was a "wet bay".  The only thing that wasn't leaking was the "shower" - LOL....go figure.

Anyway, thanks for posting on the tank pads.  How hard were they to install?

-R

Edited by CorinthWest

1 hour ago, jacwjames said:

FWIW

Last year I was chasing another problem and found a coil of wires on top of my black tank.  The wires were in the black wiring loom but they were just cut, no caps or taped up.

I knew that Monaco offered a tank heater option but I didn't have tank heaters.  But in my rear passenger side electrical bay I had a relay that indicated it was for tank pads so I did some checking.  The snap disc that controls the wet bay heater also sends a signal to the tank pad heater relay so I jumpered the snap disc and check for voltage on the newly discovered wires.  Sure enough I had voltage.

So I went ahead and installed tank heaters which came in hand as when I took a trip in Nov and temps got down in the teens the tanks stayed right at 45F which kept the whole wet bay area warm. 

I park my rig in a garage but it is not heated, so this winter I decided not to even winterize the coach, just kept the tank heaters on and monitored the temps. 

The way Monaco built the LaPalma gives me no immediate access to any of the tanks. If I remove the Wet Bay plastic panel, I can see the grey tank and I think the fresh water tank too, but the visibility is limited.

If you have any panels that don't have latchs/handles to open them check underneath.  There may be a strap holding the panel closed.  If so you can remove the strap and the panel may lift up. 

There was a poster on a different forum that couldn't get to his slide motor.  I gave him this suggestion and sure enough the panel was hinged and he could swing it up to be able to get to the sheared pin on the motor. 

Never hurts too look!

53 minutes ago, jacwjames said:

If you have any panels that don't have latchs/handles to open them check underneath.  There may be a strap holding the panel closed.  If so you can remove the strap and the panel may lift up. 

There was a poster on a different forum that couldn't get to his slide motor.  I gave him this suggestion and sure enough the panel was hinged and he could swing it up to be able to get to the sheared pin on the motor. 

Never hurts too look!

I didn't see any in the Wet Bay, but I'll look again. As far as I know, the only panel inside, to which I don't have direct access, is the one under our bed that hides the motor for the bedroom slide-out. It is held in place with screws; I haven't peeked in there yet, but it's on my list.