Tire Covering

I am looking at getting tire covering with snaps on the outside of the coach. I am no longer interested in the white covers that fit around the tires I currently have, I don't care for Magnashade cover, and I am not making my own. Having said that, I am asking for advice on the following:

1) When installing the snaps on the outside of the coach, is it as simple as screwing in the snaps? Any caulking or similar needed around the snaps?

2) I have seen the covering from SunGuard ($100.00+ for each tire), RV Quickshades ($39.99 each tire), Stone Vos ($100 each tire). Why such a disparity in the prices? Is it the material? Will it make that much difference in the material?

I appreciate the assistance.

Tony

2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer - Gas

You can try here. They are not snap-on, but will do the job.

https://rvthingies.com/product/vodool-4pcs-set-tire-cover-aluminum-foil-coated-waterproof-dustproof-sun-protector-tyre-wheel-covers-for-truck-rv-suv-motorhome/

Those are similar to what I currently have and they are worthless. They are hard to wrap around the tire, can't stand getting on my knees & bruising my knuckles. Besides, they get dirty quick and look ugly.

Tony

4 hours ago, nyrngrz said:

I am looking at getting tire covering with snaps on the outside of the coach. I am no longer interested in the white covers that fit around the tires I currently have, I don't care for Magnashade cover, and I am not making my own. Having said that, I am asking for advice on the following:

1) When installing the snaps on the outside of the coach, is it as simple as screwing in the snaps? Any caulking or similar needed around the snaps?

2) I have seen the covering from SunGuard ($100.00+ for each tire), RV Quickshades ($39.99 each tire), Stone Vos ($100 each tire). Why such a disparity in the prices? Is it the material? Will it make that much difference in the material?

I appreciate the assistance.

Tony

2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer - Gas