New File - Door Bushing Replacement & Latch Adjustment

With all the discussion on entry door latch adjustments, I decided to combine a few existing files in our File Downloads section to pull all the information into one document.  The new file link below covers how to check and replace the door latch bushing, adjust the latch mechanism, replace the door handle and an option to configure an alternate entry into the coach before a door latch failure.

NOW is the time to do a little PM and check to see how much travel you have on your outside door handle before the latches release. 

Like new you will be about half way - but if you are close to the end of the door handle travel before the latches release it's time to inspect for a worn bushing and/or a latch adjustment.

Mine has been difficult to open for many years.  I think I'm about the only one that can open the door at this point.  My door is different than your pictures and requires removing the entire inside cover/trim.  I've read your repair instructions before and I guess it is time to finally attempt this project.  However, it seems like a ton of work for something so simple.

Thanks for posting this Frank, I was thinking about this not long ago and had seen some of this info but couldn't remember where.  Do you know if the outside handle is the same part #13438-04 on a 98? I it's discontinued but there is a replacement for that part # and for the price I was just going to order one since mine is original and has been well used.