Valid air Fault & alarms

CapnDean

Travelling home from 2 hours away, 30 miles from home the keypad alarm goes off.  I have 6 red lights illuminated across the aft section of the keypad.   Indication is fault to the entire back end of the coach.   Pulled over, got valid tech on the phone.  Verified the fuses were all good and did the power down reset of the system NO JOY.   Tech explained that the default position is locked air so that the rear bags would not inflate or deflate to adjust ride height.  But so long as I did not have a leaky bag ought to be safe just  make sure not losing air and sitting coach on tires.

Okay so I am home.  What the heck can I check now?  Tech told me that it was obvious that the keypad lost communication with the rear......  So....  Where to look to make them communicate again?

Valid has a real good service/trouble shooting manual on the web, its helped me out. There is a front and back module and obviously I would check the data cable connectors (2 if memory is correct) to the rear box, it has a yellow valid sticker on it. Mine is underneath the coach just ahead of the drive axle up high. No telling where yours might be. You can also find it by following the solenoid manifold wires back since they all come from that unit. Hope this helps.

Wellllll.......  Tech support said my indication was that the back end lost communication with the keypad.  After verifying that there was not a connector unplugged I learned that my fat butt will not fit underneath the coach when its not aired up.   So I cycled the chassis battery power and the house battery power.....  viola   Problem solved.

Man I would have rather found a broken wire or something.