ARP Fridge Defend for sale

I purchased this around January when I changed my cooling unit on my Norcold. The Amish cooling unit they sent me was defective so I ended up going with the 12 volt compressor unit so I don’t need the Fridge Defend anymore. It’s in perfect working order. I paid $225 for this package with fan control and extra fan. I am asking $130 and I will pay to ship it. 

BDC58FDA-D0F7-47C6-BB4D-3A584C4E518B.jpeg

Doesn't the "Recall Kit" that turns the fridge off if it gets too hot do the same thing?  I've got the Norcold 1200 in my Monaco Knight and have had to replace the recall kit board twice due to board failure (the fridge was fine).  If this helped the unit run cooler (I've got an ice maker that wont make ice as the freezer doesn't get cold enough) i'd be interested in it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/30/2022 at 2:31 PM, Georgia Mike said:

I purchased this around January when I changed my cooling unit on my Norcold. The Amish cooling unit they sent me was defective so I ended up going with the 12 volt compressor unit so I don’t need the Fridge Defend anymore. It’s in perfect working order. I paid $225 for this package with fan control and extra fan. I am asking $130 and I will pay to ship it. 

BDC58FDA-D0F7-47C6-BB4D-3A584C4E518B.jpeg

Mike do you have the 12 Volt unit from JC?  how does that work for you? Please advise I have a 1200 that works perfect but I want to change it out also. I have had a 110 conversion on a previous coach and have read everything possible related to changing out for house fridge ect. I would just like to get rid of the fire hazzard. 

Yes I have the 12 volt dual compressor and it works great. I have been on two trips and now down in Florida for thanksgiving and I am impressed. The freezer is at 0 and fridge is a steady 36 all the time. It only takes a few hours for it to get to temperature. Now I don’t have to worry about keeping the doors open when looking for something. I did run new 10 gauge wires direct from the house batteries to power it. They recommend that if your wiring is a smaller gauge. The installation was easier to me than putting a new gas absorption unit that didn’t work to well anyways. If you have any questions let me know….glad to help

• 2 weeks later...