Turbo Intake Hose

Go to solution Solved by Bill R,

1 hour ago, bandmmorris said:

Did it stand up well to the high temperatures and did you have any concerns with the restriction in the cobra head?

I have just installed the new one.  The old one was exactly the same and OEM.  So over 16 years it had a little loss of rigidity but not much.  I had a separate issue that you can read about in this thread as to why I replaced it.  It was more PM than anything while upgrading my intake filter size.  What is the issue with your connector?  Is it a Cobra head design?

1 hour ago, Bill R said:

I have just installed the new one.  The old one was exactly the same and OEM.  So over 16 years it had a little loss of rigidity but not much.  I had a separate issue that you can read about in this thread as to why I replaced it.  It was more PM than anything while upgrading my intake filter size.  What is the issue with your connector?  Is it a Cobra head design?

Mine is not a cobra head design. The problem is mine has a split in the end of it under the clamp and I do not want to take a chance with sucking dirty air into the turbo and engine so I am replacing it.

Try; https://www.intakehoses.com/

22 hours ago, bandmmorris said:

I need to replace the air intake hose between the air cleaner and turbocharger on my 2007 Monaco Camelot. It has the Cummins ISL 400 engine. Any information or advice would be appreciated. 

https://www.intakehoses.com/  I changed ALL that pleated intake duct, hose. Lots of air friction going on in there. The truckers use rubber fittings and aluminum tubing. That's what i did.

Edited by Paul A.

• Solution
2 hours ago, bandmmorris said:

Mine is a 90 degree hose. 

The Cobra heads are designed where you do not have enough turn radius for a 90 degree.  They are basically the same with regards to air flow capability, but your choice on whether you want to stay with the 90 degree or go with the cobra head.  I know others with the 400ISL have the cobra head going to the turbo.

Also given the design, the cobra head probably provides better support of the "L" pipe and may prevent cracking at the "L" pipe connection as you describe you have.

Edited by Bill R
Thought a little more about this.