Can’t get her to start???

Guest Ray Davis
20 hours ago, ok-rver said:

some one mentioned the chassis and house switches. The connection from your battery to the starter SHOULD NOT GO THRU the chassis switch.

Correct, however the power to activate the starter does go thru the battery switch so don't assume it can't be the problem.

Where are you located, how cold is it.  Low voltage when trying to start may be the grid heaters kicking in.  Do you have an auxiliary start button on the dash that ties both battery banks together.  See what happens if you use it.

Do you have a rear start option on your coach.  You might try using it, this would eliminate a lot of the wiring between batteries and dash. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All!

I finally found the problem with all your help!

It was a bad starter and solenoid. $400 later, I got a ‘gear down’ starter that is much lighter and perhaps, more modern. Not sure yet if purchasing this starter vs a rebuilt one is a better idea….  

As I removed the starter, I discovered damage to the flywheel. Ugh. Well, it starts and runs now. I decided not to take on the expense of replacing the flywheel. Time will tell if this was a good decision. Attached are a couple of pictures so you can see the damage to the Bendix and Flywheel.

I appreciate all the time everyone took to help me!  

Joe

8F60B616-9AEB-4AF9-9402-AFF2ED96CAE1.jpeg

3C449690-8BB6-4DB2-85D1-DE289B3A4282.jpeg