Splendide Washer Leaks

OhReally

I have a Splendide WD1024 washer dryer that has developed a door seal leak. Splendide says the door seal is no longer available. I was successful at patching it once but the repair didn't last due to the leak's location on the seal - too much flexing in that area.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and did you find a seal elsewhere? Has anyone else replaced their Splendide washer dryer and with what? Does anyone have a replacement washer (dryer not needed) they want to get rid of?

-Jamie

'03 HR Scepter PDT

Jaime, do a search. I saw one for sale recently from someone who wanted more space in their fiver. I'll try to locate it as well. I believe they were in the St. Louis area.  If you replace yours, be sure to dismantle it first. Our temperature sensor failed and I had difficulty finding the replacement. As luck would have it we were staying at an RV resort in Hilton Head and while walking the dog, I discovered an old Spendide by the trash. Asking in the office, I got a "Oh that old thing need to go in the dumpster but we haven't had time to do that". I voluntered to help out. After taking all the wiring, circuit boards, knobs etc. off, I took everything apart and threw the metal drum etc in the dumpster. I still have most of the parts and my unit works again. I've helped out a couple of friends over the years too. Unfortunately, I do not have the door seal....Dennis

If the hole in the door seal is small you may get a way with using a bicycle tube patch, or a automobile tire patch make sure you clean the area. Acetone or finger nail polish remover.  No guarantees 

Thanks everyone for the responses to my post. I should have been more explicit in my original message. The seal has torn right where it branches to the condenser so patching it is only possible using a flexible sealant material - but that only worked for awhile. The gasket gets flexed pretty hard at that location and I'm sure that is why the original seal as well as my patch failed.

As for replacing the entire door, Splendide said I wouldn't get a new seal with it and the seal was obsolete anyway.

So, again, thanks for the responses but it doesn't look like we have a solution yet.

-Jamie

I don't know how much of a hole you have, but have you tried using super glue? I know you can shorten o-rings with it. A larger hole, maybe try carefully filling with black RTV to match the existing seal. Either way the part would need to be clean. If you look at the Splendid site look for a manual for your model and a parts breakdown, find the part number you are looking for and do a Google search or search at https://www.partselect.com/

On 6/2/2020 at 1:17 PM, sjamiejones said:

I have a Splendide WD1024 washer dryer that has developed a door seal leak. Splendide says the door seal is no longer available. I was successful at patching it once but the repair didn't last due to the leak's location on the seal - too much flexing in that area.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and did you find a seal elsewhere? Has anyone else replaced their Splendide washer dryer and with what? Does anyone have a replacement washer (dryer not needed) they want to get rid of?

-Jamie

'03 HR Scepter PDT

Jamie

Chris' Appliance Repair, (920-210-0598), may have used Splendide door seals.