Pre Drive Checklist

Last November we traded in our 2014 Newmar gas coach for a 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and then we had to put it in storage right away before we had a chance to use it.  So now I'm trying to learn as much as I can about DP's before this spring.  This forum has been very helpful so far, but I am having trouble finding a detailed pre flight checklist.  Does anyone on here know of such a thing?  I do have a checklist that I used with our previous gas coach.  It has the usual generic items that would pertain to most every RV.  What I'm looking for is a more detailed DP checklist.  These things are far more complex than a simple gas coach.  I've learned a lot just by reading forums and watching you tube, but I'm sure there is much more that I need to know before heading out.  Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

I think the main difference between gas & diesel is to add checking the oil level, coolant, & air filter. Unless I’m misunderstanding your question, those are the main differences. You still have pretty much the same breaking camp process to go through such as checking the air in the tires, disconnecting all the utilities, etc.

Pre check is everything you would do for A gas Coach but then add oil,and radiator level. If your in cold climate you might have to turn the key on and wait for the wait to start light to go out. Then it will fire off. You also have to let it idle long enough to get the air system to  operating pressure. Other then that you will enjoy it Better than a gas Coach. Because you don't have the engine noise right next to you. Best bet is drive it around to get use to it. 

Happy Travels! 

Also what engine do you have? 

I have it laminated and it lives on the dash, it’s east to skip stuff because you think you “know it al”  that’s when you need to smarten up! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick A said:

I have it laminated and it lives on the dash, it’s east to skip stuff because you think you “know it al”  that’s when you need to smarten up! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍

Good idea!

I had to pass a test on all those items on your air system checks, but as time goes by, you forget some of the pressures, and times!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snoracer said:

Simplysmn I have the Cummins ISL400 8.9l 

Rick A,  Thanks for the link to your checklist.  It's exactly what I was looking for. 

How do you like it?  We just ordered a 2023 Newmar  and I know Cummins pretty well but have never had any experience with the newer engines. We got the 450hp version of the 8.9 and a 6 sp Trans. 

Thank you for the reply 

Val 

1 hour ago, Simplysmn said:

How do you like it?  We just ordered a 2023 Newmar  and I know Cummins pretty well but have never had any experience with the newer engines. We got the 450hp version of the 8.9 and a 6 sp Trans. 

Thank you for the reply 

Val 

So far so good.  However, we have only driven it a few hundred miles from the dealer to home,  and only camped in it for the first night.  Then had to store it for the winter.  We traded in our Newmar Canyon Star, V10 gasser for this HR Endeavor with the ISL 400 and 6 speed.  Even though the Newmar was newer, the HR on 8 airbags, rides and drives far better.  It’s quieter, smoother, way more power.  We will be leaving on or first long trip in a few weeks.  I’m really looking forward this trip.  You’ll like the Newmar, enjoy !

Tim