Winegard Antenna leaking

Looking for anyone that has information about what to look for when determining a water leak from the antenna crank.

I have reviewed the parts blow up pictures and a video about replacing the shaft. I do not know which shaft I have yet so I would order one as it should have a shaft seal included.

I can determine that easy enough, does anyone know of other seals I may need? I would take it apart but the heavy rains and no breaks in the weather long enough do alot up there. Also and hints on process to reseal the mounting? I plan to use a heat gun when I get to that part. Need to remove the old sealant.

Looked for the topic on search but nothing there.

We do live full time and need to fix it in a timely manner. Not too many days with decent weather lately.

Thanks!!

1 minute ago, brokenarrow1244 said:

Looking for anyone that has information about what to look for when determining a water leak from the antenna crank.

I have reviewed the parts blow up pictures and a video about replacing the shaft. I do not know which shaft I have yet so I would order one as it should have a shaft seal included.

I can determine that easy enough, does anyone know of other seals I may need? I would take it apart but the heavy rains and no breaks in the weather long enough do alot up there. Also and hints on process to reseal the mounting? I plan to use a heat gun when I get to that part. Need to remove the old sealant.

Looked for the topic on search but nothing there.

We do live full time and need to fix it in a timely manner. Not too many days with decent weather lately.

Thanks!!

Forgot to mention it is a Winegard Sensar manual antenna.

I agree with jacwjames. I have seen this in the past with my various RVs. There is typically a weather boot that the cable passes through. The boot tends to leak at the large end (where it goes to the base) and the small end that the cable passes through. It may look good in a quick visual but I have experienced it before. A little sealer on both ends of the boot solved the issue.

Ditto on the cable tube. I had a leak in the front behind the TV,  dripping down on the dash. Turns out it was rain getting into the cable tube. But what to look for, for evidence of water damage could be a browning stain or deterioration of whatever material it's damaged. And many times both will take place.

Edited by Jim Wallace