05 H/R Endeavor 40PDQ Awning controller

Go to solution Solved by Larry Laursen,

Guest Ray Davis
27 minutes ago, Will52 said:

Any one has an idea where the awning controller is? I did a search for it no luck...

Will,  it's just an idea,  but on my Windsor,  the controller is in the overhear cabinet behind the passenger seat.   The back wall of that cabinet has a bump out that can be opened up, that's where my controller is.

As stated in previous post. I have a 2000 Monaco Dynasty. It’s located  in the first overhead cabinet behind the passenger/ copilot seat on the outside bulkhead. It’s a  wood panel box. You have to open the panel to access it. 

• Solution

The awning controller on my 05 Endeavor is located in the overhead cabinet above the entry door. It's tucked back in on the wall in the front of the cabinet.

• Thanks 1

My awning will not go out and i pulled the switch and there is no power to it,i looked for the relay and was not able to find it.There is a hole in the right front cabinet but no big enough for me to get my hand in.I was going to move it manually but it is to tight to the rv to remove the plastic end cap,i also used a 9/64 allen key but i cound not find the connection through the hole.Checked fuses etc but everything seems ok.Where next

The fuse for the awning is located in the front run bay distribution panel located below the driver's window. It's not an actual fuse but a automatically resetable circuit breaker.  There are several in panel. They are long metal housings that connect to the board like a fuse.  Some are for the power seats and slides.  They act to stop the motors when the current is overloaded at the end of the travel for whatever item they protect.  They then reset so the motor can be reversed.  I don't trust the lettering and you will have to check by replacing one with the other.  You can use a VOM voltmeter to determine if one is bad.  You can get replacements at any auto parts store.

Jeff the auto reset breakers look similar to these. Amazon.com: GLOSO E71 2.8 mm Automatic Circuit Breaker Mini ATM 5Amp Circuit Breakers Auto Reset (T1) - 1 Pack (5A) : Automotive

Most have a metal cover and stick out past the fuses.  They should be along the top of the printed circuit board inside the black plastic distribution box.  Take the cover off the black distribution box with the three wing nuts and look along the fuses.  The house fuses are on the left side of the board; the chassis battery fuses are on the right.  The awning gets it power from the chassis batteries on the 05 Endeavor.  If there are not any breakers than the previous owner removed them.  You will need to check each fuse with a 12-volt circuit tester by probing each end of each fuse.  The drawing doesn't show which fuse is for the awning and it may be in a location that is called out as a spare.

In chasing down this awning not working i went into the fuse box under the drivers window and the only thing i could find was a blown fuse # f59 and i tried to replace it buut it was sparking and trying to melt the fuse blade, any ideas.I could not locate the metal covered fuse that was blown they all checked out.

Jeff,

Based on the drawings I have, F59 is the power supply to the awning.  The arcing you are experiencing is probably caused by a direct short in the wire going from the FD box to the awning power switch.  You would need to use a VOM on the wire to confirm this.  You can check from either end and probably both. I would guess the wire comes down the passenger side A pillar at the front windshield.  You can remove the cover rather easily and see if you can identify the wire.  After coming down the A pillar it probably runs under and across the dash.  I just reviewed the drawings and see Connector C415 (F) that has F59 is listed as (F) for floor harness.  Thus, it could go across the under the floor and up the right side of the coach.  There are a series of wires that can be exposed in the passenger armrest. I had a friend who had a blowout of the front right and it took out wiring there.  There should be some connectors in the wires.  If you have a wire tracer it might help find the wire.

On 3/29/2023 at 12:13 PM, DZZippy said:

Just curious…what awning? Make? Model? 12V or 110V? Obviously if 110V, make sure your plugged in or have generator power like my Mirage awning.

Kurtis,  The 05 Endeavor has a Carefree Eclipse power awning which powered by 12 volts from the chassis battery.