No heat and it's cold at night

29 minutes ago, W7BE_Bob said:

Are you absolutely sure the unit you bought has a heat pump option? What is the label on the red wire? Is it +7.5V or? 

If all else fails remove all RV wiring, use new temporary wiring and thermostat eliminating all RV and Dometic wiring etc and verify that the heat pump works. 

Have you read any of the posts?

If you did, you would know he is only trying to get the Atwood furnace to work independently of the new A/C he installed...

(Sorry, just have a problem with people who do this)

2 hours ago, Dave Pumphrey said:

Have you read any of the posts?

If you did, you would know he is only trying to get the Atwood furnace to work independently of the new A/C he installed...

(Sorry, just have a problem with people who do this)

I feel the same way Dave, it seems like some people in this post are just not reading what I wrote and writing their own question in, lol.

Just now, moonlitblue said:

I feel the same way Dave, it seems like some people in this post are just not reading what I wrote and writing their own question in, lol.

So do I.  The comment about tearing out or wiring and putting back in a new control box would be a major endeavor.  The heat only Thermostat using existing wiring and also the original wiring to the Atwood is the simplest from a “physical” stand point and from a circuitry.  Can undo what was done….and it would take a much higher tech standpoint as. odds are, the install butchered and may also be used with the Houghton..  Per some of the best minds and experts, offline, that we have, the new Honeywell line thermostat is the simplest and easiest and most foolproof.  We do wish folks would read more carefully and quit suggesting ideas that are not pertinent and applicable to the problem,

This thread is fast approaching the “shut down and let him fix it” status…..

• Like 1