Caterpillar C-15 ACERT Lower Radiator Hose

2008 Beaver Marquis Caterpillar C-15 ACERT

Looking for a part number or size of this reducer hose. I measured it roughly at 3" to 2" but I am not confident enough in the measurements to order a Silicone Reducer. The photo shows it coming off the water pump if I recall correctly, and the other end goes on to the long pipe that goes to the lower radiator connection. I noticed the bulging hose and shoddy clamp job after having a Roadside Repair outfit change my water pump last November.image.thumb.jpeg.74e93809e79e7ef31768e8e8bbc7b2aa.jpeg

Get a dial caliper and get good diameter measurements.  Then go to an auto parts store and ask to look at their rack of radiator hoses.  You will find one that making two cuts gives you the right diameters and the right length.

Or go to a "Anyhose" store which will have silicone rubber hoses that are just right, look nifty (blue) and are better quality than original.  Get some new quality clamps there too.

Edited by DavidL

Great ideas for sure. The hose is clamped near the 90* bend so my measurement was rough, but plausible. At the other end only the rough casting of the hose barb is exposed, I can see that the part that the hose covers is a smaller diameter and the casting is smoother and more refined. I'm in Alaska, my rig is in Arizona, my goal is to find the right part, order it, have it in hand and schedule a coolant flush and hose change before my next trip. 

Thank-you so much, I never would have thought that there was website that would define the parts on  the coach as it is a mix of two manufacturers. Kudos!