We have an Intellitec 750 EMS in our 2005 HR Endeavor 40PDQ. Recently the Intellitech display panel has begun "blinking" intermittently, it "blinks" in a random fashion whether we are connected to 50 Amp shore power or on the generator. It may not "blink" for hours at a time.

Has anyone experienced this symptom? Any idea of the cause/solution?

• 1 month later...

I am having a similar problem even though slightly different. I am plugged into 50 amp shore power and both legs are reading 118 volts at the Progressive Surge protector. I too have the blinking light syndrome along with a constant clicking sound from the electrical panel. The Intellitec panel says that I have 30 amp even though I'm connected to 50. There is one 20 amp breaker I can turn off and the clicking goes away however the Intellitec display does also. I have replaced the breaker thinking that may solve the issue but it didn't. I am starting to think that the Intellitec board may be bad. I could use some help hear. TIA

Steve Hepfer

08 Diplomat 36PDQ

When I had trouble with mine I called M&M Electronics https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/

They walked me through a reset process,  From memory, I was unplugged, turned off 12 volt disconnect, pulled the 3 amp fuse and waited ~!5 minutes. 

Didn't fix mine and I had to replace.  My problem was a lightening strike surge.  I installed a Progressive Surge protector ASAP after that. 

@Cushman_Ruth  Did you ever get the blinking resolved?  I had a similar problem, the EMS board would blink and interior lights would randomly go off and on, but it would only happen when I had a fairly heavy load, such as both roof airs running while on generator.  It had a lot of people stumped for a year or so.

A new control board  from M and M fixed that problem.

@Steve Hepfer Did M&M help you diagnose?

here is what mine looked like, just remove the metal panel to get a visual of yours

20150928_153738.jpg

20150928_153723 - Copy.jpg

Mine acted much like you describe and very similar symptoms, I also had a situation with the 20 amp fuse* (breaker) It acted like it reset but it didnot. and when you change from shore to genset and back... watch things carefully to be sure they come on line as they should.

Good Luck

9 hours ago, brokenarrow1244 said:

That is where mine is located, behind the closet sliding door.

Yep,

Heat build up in the entire closet area is bad for those electronics, shortening their lives.  Lots of choices to minimize or reduce the heat, both here and on IRV2.

On 6/2/2023 at 8:34 AM, Steve Hepfer said:

I am having a similar problem even though slightly different. I am plugged into 50 amp shore power and both legs are reading 118 volts at the Progressive Surge protector. I too have the blinking light syndrome along with a constant clicking sound from the electrical panel. The Intellitec panel says that I have 30 amp even though I'm connected to 50. There is one 20 amp breaker I can turn off and the clicking goes away however the Intellitec display does also. I have replaced the breaker thinking that may solve the issue but it didn't. I am starting to think that the Intellitec board may be bad. I could use some help hear. TIA

Steve Hepfer

08 Diplomat 36PDQ

Had the same problem in my ‘06 Knight, except that I also had no 120VAC when on shore power!  Checking the clicking, I removed the dead front panel from the main breaker panel, removed the 4-pin molex connector from the board and found burnt connection.  Burnished the connectors, put it back on the board and viola! all lights working on EMS and full power in coach.

• 4 months later...

Resolution to the problem:

Both Intellitec and M&M Electronics provided excellent technical support. I used both telephone and email to communicate with the Intellitec Engineering Department and with Technicians at M&M Electronics to troubleshoot the issue and purchase replacement components. 

Replaced both the display panel and the EMS board.

Both Intellitec and M&M suggested we replace the panel 1st because it was the least expensive. The new panel resolved one of the symptoms (blinking/flashing display) but not all of the symptoms. We monitored the new panel for a few days and ordered the new EMS, I did not install the new EMS for several weeks (just procrastinated). During the time of troubleshooting and replacing both components the Intellitec "displayed incorrect" readings (hunting between 30/50 amp) but all systems in the coach worked. With both components replaced all the Intellitec "displays correct" readings.