Radiator/cooling system hose sizes

I am looking to change coolant and want to replace all the hoses I can.  Looking and found some dayco part numbers supposedly for the 2006 Dynasty daycoaftermarket.com  but no diameters of the hose listed. If there is a listing of the proper part numbers on Monacoer's I have not located it.  

Can anyone advise ID of the hoses? It would appear measuring that the OD is somewhere around 2.750  I have not pulled any just not ready to do that yet.    I would like to have everything ready once I start this project I just don't want to have a batch of hoses that are all 1/4" wrong. 

Thanks for any help guys.

Guest Ray Davis

Many have taken their hoses to NAPA or some other store and found a hose that is longer but has a portion that matches the old hose and cut that part out.  This was a topic often yrs ago on the old Yahoo forum.

4 hours ago, dl_racing427 said:

Their web catalog doesn't list Monaco as a manufacturer.  What did you use?

You have to use the Heavy Duty tab and not the Automotive tab. I looked at the ID of the hose and then tried to measure best I could on the coach. Hope this helps.

Edited by bgfleck

On our 2005 Exec, I was able to determine the hose ID values by measuring the actual pipes, then trying to verify by subtracting hose wall thickness (times 2) from the hose OD. I did find that the pipes Monaco used were slightly smaller than the inlet/outlet fittings in the engine (2.25 vs 2.375, I think) so a couple of the hoses had different ID values on each end so check both. 

I also found a Gates site that has a lot of info on sizes and shapes. I found the best Gates fit I could guesstimate and with that number, I could cross reference to most anything. I ended up getting the hoses from Amazon and Walmart.com.

https://assets.gates.com/content/dam/gates/home/knowledge-center/resource-library/catalogs/gates-molded-coolant-hose-id-guide_web.pdf#page112

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting ready to change my coolant out to Peak final charge. Not sure exactly the type  Global or not?  I have been searching but not really sure based on what I see on the web. 

2006 Cummins ISL 400. 

Plan to flush with Distilled water in between.   I am going to change out all hoses. 

thanks