Hot water heater

John D

I need somebody’s expertise. On my 2000 Safari Continental Panther I am getting no hot water when plugged in but does fine on diesel. I have showing on my indicator ( pic attached) “remote open”. Where is this or what is this. Has to be a simple fix. I had most of my hurricane replaced within the last six months. Appreciate any help I can get.

FA9CBEE2-8CCA-411A-B9A7-AD73551198A1.jpeg

Perhaps I didn’t word my request properly. I have no power to this switch. If I did have power to this switch that traveled down one of the two black wires, where would it originate. This may be confusing also so I apologize. Thanks for your answer. 

Edited by John D
Specifics.

Totally different coach but I have an AC breaker specifically for AH in the bedroom breaker panel. You should have one somewhere too, it takes some serious power for the heating element(s).

Edited by Ivan K

Thanks Ivan. I also have that breaker and it is good and has power. There must be something between there and the switch. When I get back to home base my son said he would trace the wire from the switch back to the breaker. I just didn’t know what was in between I could check. Switch is good just not receiving power. Thanks again for the assist. 

John, how do you turn the AC heat on? We have a small 12v switch in the kitchen right beside the diesel switch and that switch activates a relay to connect AC from the breaker to the AH. I can hear the relay click when I turn it on. You show a big AC switch above, can't tell from the pic where it is located but is it the only way to turn the electric heat on? No 12v DC switch to turn it on remotely? If so, maybe you don't have that relay, can't tell. Then you would be looking for a bad connection, maybe in a junction box somewhere. I am not familiar with your LED indicator box but suppose it is just for that, indications and not a real function.