Road Dog Trucking

Back in April I made the mistake of replacing our perfectly good 2003 354,000 mile 4-Runner with a new-to-us 2021 4-Runner.  We went from V8 to V6 and it sounds like I'm driving a Corolla now.  Lots of other "gripes" (mostly with a warning chime) . . . . but it'll do the job. 

The "new" 4-Runner came with a free 90 day trial of XM satellite radio.  Until now I hadn't been a fan, but I discovered channel 146 "Road Dog Trucking".  It's a news / talk channel discussing issues relevant to the trucking industry.   Some hours are better than others.  Because some of these issues affect me as a diesel pusher I became a listener, but now I'm amazed at all the issues our 18 wheel friends have to deal with.  It's a real eyeopener. 

At $18 / month I couldn't justify the cost for one channel but they made me an offer I couldn't refuse - 24 months at $5.99, and (bonus) I can stream Sirius XM on my phone.  I can throw away that much. 

You can't stream Road Dog Trucking.  It's only available on Sirius XM.  I'm wondering if anyone else listens to this channel?

- bob

• Like 1

Bob, if you keep an eye out in your snail mail for offers from Sirius/XM, you'll see that they sometimes offer really great deals....I got five years locked in at $5/mo. for our toad Jeep Wrangler JKU.

BTW, I feel for you on trading in a beloved vehicle and getting something of less power/value than what you had. They just don't build em like they used to.

• Like 1