Keyless entry door lock upgrade questions

Go to solution Solved by Martinvz,

Hi! Is there a good keyless entry door lock, and is it a hood idea? I have looked at a few listed, but when I submit the coach info, it replies " there is no lock to fit this model".

And is there a good secure lock to change to for the bay doors?

Input is appreciated! Th20230714_115314.thumb.jpg.75216aa920bc836f631aa779e864b5ed.jpganks!

• Tom Cherry changed the title to Keyless entry door lock upgrade questions

Simple reply, but others may have more experience.  

How do you lock this door now?  Is there a key behind the handle or do you lock it inside and go out another door?

All the keyless entry systems or locking systems on the Monacos are controlled by a separate “box” or electonic brain.  The main door has a key lock that can be used as well as a fob or a grab bar with a keypad.  That keypad also can activate each bay lock….but every bay lock, or at least on the Trimark has a key also.  So you never get locked out.

The brain has a wiring harness to every bay door and a separate one to the main door….as well as to the external key pad.  It would be a massive job to rewire and install that system.

As to any “wireless” system…i would want one with a hard key or bypass.  I know s little about locks and security and there is a world of cheap home locks…but I had to pull out several locks in our church because they put in cheap ones and lost the universal FOB or the battery died…and they never had or lost the bypass key to each one.

MAY well be a reputable system for upgrading….wireless & battery operated.  Just make sure you have a key and a hole to put it in if the battery dies and it designed for exterior use.  Batteries will last and work a “solenoid”….but only the more expensive ones will last…

Hope someone with more RV Lock knowledge chimes  in and has a solution…  

Ok….Lippert has one that looked promising….at least to me.  The Q&A was….measurements.  I’d go to the Lippert site. Wireless BT LOCK.  I read the instructions.  Call them and see what the need as to door thickness, opening size, striker dimensions, etc.  

GOOD LUCK

Thanks for the input.

There are 2 keys for the current lock, and 2 corresponding interior latches. It's been a good lock, just curious about keyless. 

I did look at Lippert, and after my model etc was inserted in the info box, came back with does not fit your model. I will look again though.

Thanks for your time!

• Solution

We have a similar door lock and we have very little automation in our coach. When we searched we came up with the same answer, nothing fits. We were at the FMCA rally in March and stopped at a booth where they were selling replacement locks. 
We had to go and measure our existing lock to see if there is a solution. We were informed that there is currently not a replacement for the model door handle/lock. Very disappointing.

We will keep trying periodically to see if a replacement is available.