Bedroom slide stops while extending

I have a 2007 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ.  While extending the roadside bedroom slide it stops before full extention.  I release the switch for a second, then press it again and the slide continues extending for a bit then stops again.  It will do this several times until it fully extends.  The first time it happened I thought it was because we had too much stuff piled on the bed, but now it does it with nothing on the bed.  Is there an adjustment that I can check, or do I need a new motor?  

Tim

Does the slide act the same way when the engine is cold? I had a problem that the slides would not move after a trip for a period of 10-30 minutes. Turned out to be an resettable circuit breaker that was reacting to the heat. your resettable circuit breaker ( on the slide controller board) could be weakening and if your motor is drawing a little too much current, it could cause the symptoms you describe. I have a 2008 Camelot and my control board was underneath the cabinet that the washer/dryer was in. Not sure if yours is in the same place. I was able to get a replacement from NAPA for about $8.

If your roadside slide has the problem and your curbside does not, I would suspect binding or motor getting weak.

Hope it helps,

John

4 hours ago, JohnC3 said:

Does the slide act the same way when the engine is cold? I had a problem that the slides would not move after a trip for a period of 10-30 minutes. Turned out to be an resettable circuit breaker that was reacting to the heat. your resettable circuit breaker ( on the slide controller board) could be weakening and if your motor is drawing a little too much current, it could cause the symptoms you describe. I have a 2008 Camelot and my control board was underneath the cabinet that the washer/dryer was in. Not sure if yours is in the same place. I was able to get a replacement from NAPA for about $8.

If your roadside slide has the problem and your curbside does not, I would suspect binding or motor getting weak.

Hope it helps,

John

Find your prints.  Here is a link.  LOOK AT THE INDEX FIRST.  Then find the SLIDE prints. A resettable Circuit breaker would usually trip...or maybe NOT. What could also cause this is a loose connection on the main power to the slides....which is probably protected. The Stop and then pause usually means that there may be an arcing connection.  Let OFF and let it COOL...then it works.  YES, Motor Windings can heat up. BUT before I spent big bucks...Replace the CB.  If there are any BOSCH relays in the circuit...pop in a new one.  THEN, borrow or buy a VOM with a Clamp On Meter and then have someone run them and watch the amperage.  LOW BATTERY is also a major issue.  You can TEMPORARILY use a Jumper Cable between the House and Chassis.  IF that cures it, then you have a high resistance connection.  FINAL quick check.  Chase the grounds from BOTH Banks.  Remove the nut on the Chassis Stud and clean BOTH...That will knock down the Voltage.  When the VOLTAGE DROPS, then the motor screams for HELP...and the current goes UP.  Current UP...that will cause ugly things.

John and Tom - thanks for the suggestions.  Tom, you mentioned a link but none appears in your post.  Can you PM it to me?  A little more detail on my problem.  I try not to operate the slides on battery power.  I always park on as level a spot as possible, make sure coach is fully aired up., shut down the engine, plug in to shore power, then run the slides out, then only level if needed.  The bed slide is the one thats giving me the problem.  It will start extending for a foot or so then stop.  I let off of the switch for a second, then push it again and the slide starts moving out again for another foot or so.  Usually have to do this several times to reach full extention.   When moving the slide back in, it works perfectly all the way back in.  The wardrobe slide works perfectly.  Temp doesn't seem to make a differance.  I'm wondering if the motor has a bad winding.  

On 8/5/2023 at 11:54 AM, snoracer said:

John and Tom - thanks for the suggestions.  Tom, you mentioned a link but none appears in your post.  Can you PM it to me?  A little more detail on my problem.  I try not to operate the slides on battery power.  I always park on as level a spot as possible, make sure coach is fully aired up., shut down the engine, plug in to shore power, then run the slides out, then only level if needed.  The bed slide is the one thats giving me the problem.  It will start extending for a foot or so then stop.  I let off of the switch for a second, then push it again and the slide starts moving out again for another foot or so.  Usually have to do this several times to reach full extention.   When moving the slide back in, it works perfectly all the way back in.  The wardrobe slide works perfectly.  Temp doesn't seem to make a differance.  I'm wondering if the motor has a bad winding.  

I had this exact experience. Did a lot of troubleshooting. Turned out to be the slide actuation switch that you push to operate the slide. Purchased a new one on Amazon (pretty sure it was Amazon). Easy to replace install. Slide has worked perfectly since.

Gary K

06' Windsor

Update - I may have figured out something.  I forgot that I had put a small, but fairly heavy, safe in the under-bed storage area along with the 2 folding chairs and the central vac accessories.  I removed the safe and now the slide extends all the way without stopping.  So, for now, problem solved.  We're leaving for a 3 week trip out west next week.  Remains to be seen if the problem is really solved or not.  I still think that I'm going to have to eventually replace the slide motor.  Thanks everyone for all the advice and suggestions.